This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

15.10 Wifi Working Intermittently

I am new to Kubuntu and Linux in general and am really at a loss here. I have had this ongoing problem for several months now. I'm running Kubuntu 15.10. My wifi will work fine at times, at others the connection speed will drop to 0kb, and others I'll get a message saying "the wifi network could not be found." I'm kind of at a loss over what to do. The wifi still works on my phone and when I boot up Windows. Any insight or help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Unfortunatly there is little to no info in there to help us help you .

what wifi card/driver?
    does it happen after you do something specific ?
    any other stuff you can tell us about your computers set up that might help us ?
    Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
    (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

I was afraid of that.
      From what I find, the wifi card is:

product: RTL8188EE Wireless Network Adapter
      vendor: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd.

And the computer is a laptop, a Toshiba Satellite S55-A5154.

It will just cut out randomly. Nothing specifically correlates with the onset. It also seems to only kick my home wifi complete. It doesn't seem to kick my phone when I use it as a mobile hotspot (though it does have the tendency to drop to 0kb/s still).

Hopefully that will be of a little more help. Thank you!

Comment

after doing a bit of searching it seams that card can be quite odd on linux. some have built drivers from git to fix it , some have chaged their network settings to use B mode only. if you google your "RTL8188EE Linux" you can see the things im talking about. Realtek do not provide an open source driver as far as i know they only offically support linux via a properitary driver. have you checked in System Settings -> Driver manager area to see if you can install a properitary driver for the card.that alone might solve your problem.
        Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
        (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Working...
        X