This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SDDM Issues

Hello. Having a few problems with Kubuntu Xenial. First, I am unable to have numblock on by default in SDDM login. The option in keyboard settings is on, but numbluck is always off anway. Also, in SDDM, the mouse theme i set for it does not show up. Also, sometimes when I log in there is no volume control icon and i must relog to get it to show up. Lastly I have been having a plethora of network issues from not discovering my network to repeatedly asking for the password; although this could be a hardware issue (long distance from router, faulty network card) I am curious if there is anything I can try (my older samsung tablet picks up the network every single time directly beside my PC). Thank you!

EDIT: Just updated and network-manager was due for an update today, so as far as the network questions goes just disregard, works perfectly now.
    Last edited by Oderus; Apr 09, 2016, 11:49 AM. Reason: Change of circumstance

SDDM greeter doesn't run under your userID (you haven't logged in yet), so your user settings won't affect it.
    EDIT: Re-read your post you and saw you probably were setting the mouse theme in the sddm module (which should work), you can still try setting x-cursor-theme to see if it makes a difference

1. Numlock
    edit /etc/sddm.conf, change Numlock=on under [General]
    Code:
    kdesudo kate /etc/sddm.conf
    2. Cursor theme
    run:
    Code:
    sudo update-alternatives --config x-cursor-theme
    and select your preferred theme
    Last edited by kubicle; Apr 09, 2016, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Thank you for the reply! The numblock fix worked perfectly, and i also saw in that config file it tells sddm to use the mouse theme i specified but it does not work. Also tried that command you suggested but my mouse theme is not listed in the options. Does this mean it is not the correct type of theme for sddm? My mouse theme works perfectly once logged in. Thanks!

Originally posted by kubicle View Post
      SDDM greeter doesn't run under your userID (you haven't logged in yet), so your user settings won't affect it.
      EDIT: Re-read your post you and saw you probably were setting the mouse theme in the sddm module (which should work), you can still try setting x-cursor-theme to see if it makes a difference

1. Numlock
      edit /etc/sddm.conf, change Numlock=on under [General]
      Code:
      kdesudo kate /etc/sddm.conf
      2. Cursor theme
      run:
      Code:
      sudo update-alternatives --config x-cursor-theme
      and select your preferred theme

Comment

Originally posted by Oderus View Post
        Thank you for the reply! The numblock fix worked perfectly, and i also saw in that config file it tells sddm to use the mouse theme i specified but it does not work. Also tried that command you suggested but my mouse theme is not listed in the options. Does this mean it is not the correct type of theme for sddm? My mouse theme works perfectly once logged in. Thanks!
        How have you installed the cursor theme and where is the theme installed?

If it's installed in your $HOME, then it's possible that the user "sddm" (sddm greeter runs under this UID) does not have read access to the theme (depending on the permissions of your home).
        Try installing the theme under /usr/share/icons/ and make sure it's readable for all users.

Comment

It was installed to the correct location but user SDDM did not have access, which it now does, and appears as it should. Thank you so much Now I just have to worry about my volume meter not showing up sometimes.

Originally posted by kubicle View Post
          How have you installed the cursor theme and where is the theme installed?

If it's installed in your $HOME, then it's possible that the user "sddm" (sddm greeter runs under this UID) does not have read access to the theme (depending on the permissions of your home).
          Try installing the theme under /usr/share/icons/ and make sure it's readable for all users.

Comment

Working...
          X