X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QMplay2

I am so pleased with myself .

In 14.04 I have QMplay2 that was installed through @samrog's old PPA (he took it down )

I love this player.
    this player is great it uses ffmpeg so plays almost anything and will use ffmpeg-VDPAU (hardware decoding)

it will do youtube ,,,,,and it works , + you can just download the vid if you want .....(must have the "youtube-dl" package)

the hole interface is comprised of separate widgets , so any one of the tabs can be torn off and be it's own window , or rearranged in the interface

it's real nice ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, O so how did I get it in 16.04 ?

well I wint hear https://github.com/zaps166/QMPlay2 and did a "git clone" ,,,,,,,,read the readme ,,,, installed all the *-dev packages the readme said to

ran the "./installer_unix install" ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and it errors out with a cryptic message .

I see the make file that got generated and thought ,, what the heck,,,,and just ran "make" ,,,,,,Aaaaa this errors out with a very concise explanation that it cant find the cddb dev files ,,,,,, I apt search it ,,,and low and behold I had forgotten the libcddb2-dev ,,,,,installed it , reran the "./installer_unix install" ,,,,,,,,and ,,,,,,,,,,, "installation complete"

I have it in the main menu and the rite click a audio/video file in dolphin "open with" context menu + a "enqueue in QMplay2" option their as well

it was a small amount of work/fun but it seams to work just fine so far .............................

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

O ya ......

VINNY
      16GB RAM

Comment

Nice.

Comment

I always had a soft spot in my hard for qmplay your machine is looking goooood!

woodusedtousexmmssmoke
          sigpic
          Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Very cool. AAAAAnd maybe the next logical step is for you to make a PPA and share this and any other cool apps you might want to package?
            ​"Keep it between the ditches"
            K*Digest Blog
            K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by dequire View Post
              Very cool. AAAAAnd maybe the next logical step is for you to make a PPA and share this and any other cool apps you might want to package?
              LOL ,,,,,, I do have a .deb that I made for it ,,,,,,,BUT forgot to add the depends to the control file (exept ffmpeg).......so one would half to make sure they had them ones self.

I could dropbox it on request I suppose ,,,,, or send a link for quick-serve.

VINNY
              16GB RAM

Comment

http://qt-apps.org/content/show.php/...content=153339
                Ubuntu packages (DEB):
                - 64-bit (x86-64) only,
                - 16.05.13-git version,
                - Ubuntu 14.04 package contains FFmpeg 3.0.2 and it is designed only for Ubuntu 14.04 and Linux Mint 17,
                - Ubuntu 15.10 package uses system FFmpeg, it is also designed for Ubuntu 16.04,
                - uses Qt4,
                - tray context menu on Ubuntu Unity (currently works properly on Linux Mint 17 Xfce4 edition) doesn't work due to bugs in dbus-tray implementation in Qt, it will work since Qt 5.6.1,
                - download links are here on qt-apps.org or on QMPlay2 website,
                - if you hide QMPlay2 in Ubuntu Unity you can't show it again from tray icon (will be available since Qt 5.6.1). Just write "QMPlay2 -show" in terminal.
                Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
                1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
                2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

nice,,,,,,,,,,,the one I built is working so well I will NOT be testing this .deb

someone else should though

VINNY
                  16GB RAM

Comment

Working...
                  X