This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot update kubuntu

I'm getting authorization error when trying to update but it never asks me for my password... see screencast clip below

http://giphy.com/gifs/l2R0d5hIyGYT2ms48

Open a konsole and type: sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

This lets you update, but doesn't fix the problem. Any idea why Discover is broke, I'm also having permissions issues with solaar...

Comment

Discover is broken by design.

Muon Package Manager was the app of choice but no longer supported.
        Now you have the choice using Synaptic or the command line.

Comment

Originally posted by Notsonoble View Post
          This lets you update, but doesn't fix the problem. Any idea why Discover is broke, I'm also having permissions issues with solaar...
          My guess would be its has a problem talking with policykit to get root access.. if you run discover from a konsole you should get a bit more insight as to what its doing and where its failing.
          Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
          (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Permission problems often find their cause in the wrong/accidental use of sudo or kdesudo, especially for running Dolphin or some other file handling utility.

Sithlord's suggestion might tell you which file can't be accessed and why, once you know it'll be relatively easy to fix the permissions.

Comment

Working...
            X