This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE Plasma 5.4.2 icon colouring

Well, I didn't like the "metro" / "breeze" / whatever "flat appearance", thing from the get go.

But....If there is one thing that I am is a person who "goes where the evidence leads me".

So, I've tried KDE Plasma "5" through now, 5.4.2 in 15.04 "letting the evidence lead me".

I have to admit, here and now, that for an old scuba diver aged 70 years that the very bright colours of the icons are easier to recognize when scanning a folder of stuff, like "downloads" or "documents" where a variety of file types are found.

For those who don't know about the appearance here is a linky, notice that the "folders" are the "normal blue" but...."breeze" / "metro" in shape and general appearance and symbology.

Also two types of "files" are shown.

http://i1-news.softpedia-static.com/...s-493857-2.jpg

VAGUELY.........and only vaguely, a 'sentence" has floated up in my old cranial cavity to the effect that the icons colours, etc. were coloured in this manner to be able to "show up" on a "brightly coloured" desktop.

And, I may be wrong on that.

So......my liking the colours is just my personal preference, if anyone wants to chime in please so do!

woodsmoke
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

I didn't like breeze, but it has grown on me with time. I hated the flat appearance, but I've adjusted to it. In fact, it is easier for me to read emails in KMail with Plasma 5 and the Breeze theme.
    sigpic

Comment

Working...
    X