X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No sound with HDMI cable

Hi,
    Finally I did build up my new computer. And I added a new monitor (ASUS VX239H-W) too. To drive the monitor I use an HDMI cable. The monitor has speakers. So, I should have sound. But I don't have any sound via HDMI cable. If I use a VGA cable for analog video and an RCA cable for sound everything works (video and sound).
    I use the motherboard ASRock 970M Pro3 with a graphics card ASUS GeForce GT 730. Snapshot13 shows a sound driver for HDMI. How can I enable sound via HDMI cable?
    Kind regards,
    Sigurd
    Attached Files

You will need to go into thew Multimedia section of System Settings, and under Audio and Video, you'll have to move your HDMI sound device up to give it higher preference. You can do this in the Audi Playback main heading in there, but it won't hurt to change it in all the sub-sections under it, unless you want different things to go to different devices. Mine is at the bottom as I don't often connect my laptop to a monitor.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20160312_094237.png
Views:	1
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	643144

Comment

Hi claydoh,
      I already tried that. It doesn't change anything. I tried another HDMI cable and it doesn't change anything. I tried to connect an RCA cable in addition. It does not work. The monitor turns off the RCA plugin when an HDMI cable is connected. What else can I do?
      Kind regards,
      Sigurd

Comment

Working...
      X