X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wifi Icon doesn't display

Hi

I can't see the Wireless Icon in the task bar, so, I can't select wifi networks. The problem only happens with my user. I have deleted and then create a default panel, but nothing changes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	instantánea2.png
Views:	1
Size:	5.6 KB
ID:	649087

Any help?

Thanks

try these.
    1. check system tray settings to be sure you have not set it to hidden or not shown accidentally . (right click in that area) .

2. change your icon theme to something else and then back. could not be finding the icon and displaying it.. you might be able to click there and see the widget popup .
    Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
    (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Originally posted by sithlord48 View Post
      try these.
      1. check system tray settings to be sure you have not set it to hidden or not shown accidentally . (right click in that area) .

2. change your icon theme to something else and then back. could not be finding the icon and displaying it.. you might be able to click there and see the widget popup .
      I just got this glitch this evening.
      Very helpful that you put this here.

I checked the area, un-ticked the "networks" checkbox and then ticked again (from the system tray settings) and so I realized that the wi-fi icon was still there, but it became invisible

So, I changed the theme for the icons, as instructed, and there it was again...

That means the solution provided by sithlord is working.
      And maybe this thread can be marked as [SOLVED].

Comment

happy to help
        Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
        (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

It works, thanks for your help.

Comment

I'm getting the same intermittently with the audio volume applet. Setting it to be hidden in the system tray settings, apply, then to show, apply, brings it back, till the next time.

Regards, John Little
            Regards, John Little

Comment

Working...
            X