This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

System Settings App Crash with nVidia Driver installed, and driver reset

I'm about ready to rip my Geforce card out of my computer and throw it through the window, due to little glitches that keep occurring on my computer that doesn't happen with any other computer or laptop in the house, and none of those computers/laptops have nVidia cards in them (one laptop has an integrated AMD GPU, and another laptop and my mom's desktop both have Intel integrated). My main problem, however, is that after installing the proprietary nVidia drivers, if I go into System Settings, then go into Display and Monitor, then back out back to System Settings, the System Settings app crashes. I've tried several nVidia drivers, and the only one that doesn't cause the crash is Nouveau. On top of that, after creating a Tearing.sh script to run "export __GL_YIELD="USLEEP"" so vsync will actually work when I boot the computer, a bit later the screen froze up for a moment due to a driver crash and restart (which is something that hasn't happened to me in YEARS). Is there any way I can fix this, any logs I can bring up to pinpoint exact causes, or should I just toss my card into the street?

Edit: After searching the internet, it seems something about "export __GL_YIELD="USLEEP"" causes KDE5 to crash, so using another workaround instead. Still having the problem with the system settings app crashing with any nvidia driver installed.

Edit 2: Nevermind, after having further troubles with Plasma crashing, I decided to try out 16.04, despite it still being in development, issue with the system setting app is cleared up in this version.
    Last edited by Cecil; Mar 09, 2016, 04:58 PM.
Working...
X