X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu, can't lock screen.

Hi all,

I suddenly can't lock the screen anymore with ctrl-ald-delete on Kubuntu 15.10. Any solution ?

Thanks.

Ps: Also, i was wondering if it's possible to remove Akonadi and Kmail completely.

is not screen locking ,,,, "ctrl+alt+l" thats an L

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

I meant "L" obviously, yes, sorry.

Still. Doesn't work

Comment

Does it work from the K menu?

If so, then it could be a keyboard shortcut issue - like another app having stolen that shortcut. Look in system settings > shortcuts and gestures. Global shortcuts > KDE Session Manager on my version.
        I'd rather be locked out than locked in.

Comment

It doesn't work from the K menu either.

Comment

So ... does it work from the command line?

I think this is the right command:
            Code:
            qdbus org.freedesktop.ScreenSaver /ScreenSaver Lock
            Works on my system but I'm on 14.04

Comment

No, doesn't either.

Says this.

sudo qdbus org.freedesktop.ScreenSaver /ScreenSaver Lock[sudo] password for red:
              Service 'org.freedesktop.ScreenSaver' does not exist.

Comment

Doesn't require sudo on my system. But if you get the same result, I'd guess your screensaver has been stopped or corrupted or even uninstalled ... try reinstalling?

Comment

I'm willing to reinstall it but i'm not sure wich package to reinstall ?

Comment

I thought you'd ask that ... and I looked again but I can't work it out

Anyone?

Comment

Ha. Thanks a lot mate.

If someone else could jump into the conversation ?

Comment

kscreenlocker_greet

Code:
                        [FONT=monospace]$ [/FONT][COLOR=#333333][FONT=Ubuntu]/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libexec/[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#333333][FONT=Ubuntu]kscreenlocker_greet[/FONT][/COLOR][FONT=monospace] --help
                        Usage: [/FONT][COLOR=#333333][FONT=Ubuntu]/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libexec/[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#333333][FONT=Ubuntu]kscreenlocker_greet[/FONT][/COLOR][FONT=monospace] [options]
                        Greeter for the KDE Plasma Workspaces Screen locker

Options:
                          -h, --help                  Displays this help.
                          -v, --version               Displays version information.
                          --testing                   Starts the greeter in testing mode
                          --immediateLock             Lock immediately, ignoring any grace time etc.
                          --graceTime <milliseconds>  Delay till the lock user interface gets shown in
                                                      milliseconds.
                          --nolock                    Don't show any lock user interface.
                          --ksldfd <fd>               File descriptor for connecting to ksld.
                        [/FONT]

Ubuntu package: http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?se...=wily&arch=any

Last edited by LinkBot; Feb 24, 2016, 12:17 PM.
                        Try Me !

Comment

Thanks a lot for your answer but i'm not really sure how this install this package.

Some help would be highly appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Reding View Post
                            Thanks a lot for your answer but i'm not really sure how this install this package.
                            ??

If you have the Kubuntu desktop or the Plasma desktop installed then you should have the plasma-workspace installed

Package: kubuntu-desktop: http://packages.ubuntu.com/wily/kubuntu-desktop
                            depends: plasma-desktop

Package: plasma-desktop : http://packages.ubuntu.com/wily/plasma-desktop
                            depends: plasma-workspace

Part of the plasma-workspace: http://packages.ubuntu.com/wily/plasma-workspace
                            is the kscreenlocker_greet

64 bit: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libexec/kscreenlocker_greet
                            32 bit:
                            /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libexec/kscreenlocker_greet

by executing the kscreenlocker_greet, with the full path, the screen locker should start.

Ubuntu Apt-Get How-To: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/AptGet/Howto
                            Try Me !

Comment

/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libexec/kscreenlocker_greet --helpbash: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libexec/kscreenlocker_greet: No such file or directory
                              I reinstalled everything including kubuntu-desktop, plasma-desktop and plasma-workspace using the terminal with apt-get.

Still. kscreenlocker doesn't seem to be willing to install.

Comment

Working...
                              X