Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Odd mouse behavior - continuous horizontal scroll to the right.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odd mouse behavior - continuous horizontal scroll to the right.

I've seen this in the past, like last year (different mouse). It went away on it's own (kernel update ??), but now it's back;

When in Chromium, if I click on a tab and leave the mouse cursor hovering over the tabs, it keeps tabbing to the right until it reaches the last tab. While playing around, I also noticed when in a window that has a horizontal scroll bar present, it moves the horz. bar to the right, one step at a time (quickly, but visibly stepping) to the far right. I haven't check other applications yet, but will as soon as the issue returns.

Along with trying to fix this permanently, I'm also looking for a quick down-and-dirty CLI reset but I can't even get that figured out. Currently, if I pull the mouse receiver out, wait a sec., then reinsert it goes back to working normally for a time. That's kind of annoying to go through.

I've tried modprobing various modules in and out but none so far have made a difference. I believe the mouse is using the hid module but I can't remove that one on-the-fly, the system gives me an error saying it's in use. I do have various other wireless things in use - HP keyboard, Logitech unified receiver, bluetooth - but all of these have been in for months or more and this just started up. I bet dollars-for-donuts that it's a kernel bug, but I can't find any other reports on the 'net.

Please Read Me

Odd. I suspect your mouse (all your mouses) is possessed by demons.

Can you see what button presses appear to be coming from the mouse, using xev? You'd been looking ButtonPress/Release events with buttons higher than 5 (1-3 are the basic buttons, 4 and 5 are vertical scroll. I'm guessing you're receiving horizontal scroll button events).
    I'd rather be locked out than locked in.

Comment

Yeah, I agree. I just can't come up with an easy way to solve it without unplugging the darn thing. Of course, it hasn't reoccurred since I posted this...

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
      X