This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No longer normal pulse sound

After updates 2 days ago I no longer get sound.

In Pavucontrol I see Dummy as the 'Source'.

Code:
    pactl list sources
    says: Source #0 State: SUSPENDED

Code:
    sudo usermod -a -G audio username
    and a reboot brought back something but still no sound.

smplayer and Kradio have some additional settings and selecting 'HDA Intel PCH' as default audio device will give me sound from these applications.

I can't find a way to get a general volume control, Pavu only shows Dummy Source.
    But the individual application controls work.

I had the same problem. I removed alsa and pulseaudio, then reinstalled them:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get remove --purge alsa-base pulseaudio
    sudo apt-get install alsa-base pulseaudio
    I also lost some essential packages in the upgrade so reinstalled kubuntu desktop:
    Code:
    install --reinstall kubuntu-desktop
    After doing all this, I force reloaded alsa and restarted pulseaudio:
    Code:
    sudo alsa force-reload
    pulseaudio -k
    pulseaudio --start

Comment

15.10 has been SOOOO horribly unstable that I'm going to try 16.04, it can't be worse.

Comment

Yeah, 15.10 is pretty awful. My favorite part has to be the shutdown button that logs me out instead of shutting down.

Comment

Originally posted by Teunis View Post
          15.10 has been SOOOO horribly unstable that I'm going to try 16.04, it can't be worse.
          Speaking only for myself, 16.04 is ROCK STEADY STABLE. I upgraded to it in early December, well before it was even designated 'Alpha 1'. 16.04 is running on my HP laptop and in an Oracle VirtualBox VM on my iMac. I have had no issues with it in either location. It's been dist-upgraded regularly, and after recently activating the pre-released updates repository, am now booting with the 4.4.0-1 kernel.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Last night I tried three of the dailies and all had an unrecoverable crash early in the installation.

So I reinstalled 15.10

It works better than the earlier that was done a few weeks after it came out.

Your report on 16.04 might make me try again.

Comment

Working...
            X