X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kubuntu-default-settings

Hi,

I'm now customizing Kubuntu 15.10. I have some problems about Kubuntu 15.10:

1. In the package kubuntu-settings-desktop, the file /etc/kde4rc and folder /usr/share/kubuntu-default-settings/kde4-profiles/ are still there.
    However, would Plasma5 honour these settings? I looked for the code in [1] but it didn't show any useful results. It seems to only read /etc/kderc. Is it true?

2. In the comment of the file /usr/share/kubuntu-default-settings/layout.js, it said,
    // used by casper to replace
    // /usr/share/plasma/shells/org.kde.plasma.desktop/contents/layout.js
    // on the live image to show the Installer icon on the desktop
    //
    // might be nicer to use icon plasmoid but I can't work out
    // how to set the geometory of it from this script or to translate its caption
    //
    // jriddell 2014-10-10, GNU GPL 2+

And the result I tested, it really worked if I directly change this file. However, I didn't find any configuration guiding Plasma5 to find this path and this file.

[1] https://lxr.kde.org/search?_filestring=&_string=kde4rc

No, plasma 5 would not use the kde4 settings/configs, but those bits that are included in the iso that still are kde4 will . Discover still is, iirc.

You may find people with better knowledge on customizing the install image on #kubuntu-devel on freenode irc, or on the kubuntu-devel mailing list, if no one here in the forums knows.
    Last edited by claydoh; Jan 22, 2016, 03:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Franklin View Post
      However, would Plasma5 honour these settings?
      Unlikely. My semi-educated guess would be that they are kept in package (at least partly) for backwards compatibility with 14.04 LTS (which still has kde4). Of course, there are plenty of kde4 apps still in later releases that use Plasma5, so application specific config files might still apply.

EDIT: Ah, claydoh got here first.

Comment

Working...
      X