This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDEconnect not working on Android side

This really is getting in the way of my productivity.

KDE connect "stopped working" a month or so ago.

I kind of came to the conclusion that it was on the Android phone side, but, Android, in and of itself, has not done an update and I didn't particularly remember and update for KDEconnect.

Well, the college is in full swing and I would normally be using KDEconnect on at least an every other day basis.

a) ON THE PHONE

There is absolutely nothing there except the interface, hitting refresh shows nothing and there are no "settings" with which to fiddle.

b) On the Wily setup.

It "sees" the phone and supposedly sends a ping.

The "setup" is also minimal on the computer and all of the "settings" that are accessible seem to "be there".

I have uninstalled and reinstalled on the phone and the computer and the computer still immediately displayed the phone but that may be an artefact of something in the cache being left over from the previous install or whatever.

So... dunnno....

woodsmoke
    Last edited by woodsmoke; Feb 08, 2016, 01:38 PM.
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

A prior bug was filed at KDE bug reports and I confirmed it.
    woodsmoke
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

unpair from both sides and re-pair

Comment

Hi, thanks for the suggestion but "no paired devices available" on both sides now. Both sides are "blank".

woodsmoke
        sigpic
        Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Really basic, but are you connected to the same wifi network as the computer?

Comment

No help but possibly some encouragement; working here on 15.10 with both the Nexus 4 (Android 5.1.1) and 7 (Rooted and Android 4.4.4).

Comment

Did you try to with resetting router?

You can update kdeconnect by adding this ppa https://code.launchpad.net/~vikoadi/...ve/ubuntu/ppa/

On Manjaro I had to install sshfs to make it fully working.

Anyway now kdeconnect works for me in 14.04 with above mentioned ppa. In Manjaro too.
              Plasma 5 look&feel for KDE4: http://kde-look.org/content/show.php...content=166438

Comment

Whatthefunk, had not thought of that I'll try it.

Schnell, I'll try that.

jts
                sigpic
                Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

sorry i haven't replied sooner, no joy on resetting the router.

woodsmoke
                  sigpic
                  Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

I WAS WROING......

the problem is not the Android side.

KDE Connect still does not work with the Wiley install.

HOWEVER...... it works OUT OF THE BOX with the rolling release of Netrunner, so the problem is not "with the app" but the "version" of the app.

If a moderator so wishes this thread can be marked SOLVED unless there is a desire to wait for more comments.

woodsmoke
                    sigpic
                    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Still weird it doesn't work for you.

Recently I did a reinstall of 15.10 and KDEConnect is still working OOTB.

Comment

Hi
                        thanks for the comment, I dunno.
                        I have not installed the xenial kubuntu because I have a rock solid working Kubu machine.
                        I "really" did install Netrunner Rolling for two reasons, one to test a rolling release, and two , since it is the latest and greatest to see if KDE connect worked.
                        So, I don't know, if it was the hardware on the tower then it would not work with Netrunner.
                        So.... I think that this is a synergism between my particular hardware and the previous version of KDE connect.

It is curious though that it stopped when it was working, maybe something about the driver being in limbo between old and new.

dunno
                        woodsmoke
                        sigpic
                        Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

This suddenly happened to me to. One day kdeconnect was working fine, and the next it just stopped. Not sure if an update broke something or what, but I can no longer connect my devices. Did you ever find a solution to this?

Comment

HI!

I just plugged in my Wiley drive and put the machine downstairs on cable and did a complete update of everything restart update, etc. still no joy.

dunno...

woodsmoke
                            sigpic
                            Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

That sucks. Might be up for a fresh install soon...

Comment

Working...
                              X