This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by reb81 View Post
    I have a Wireless Light that is Orange when I boot up and then changes to Blue. I have a key marked fn between the control key and the Microsoft and then the Alt key. I do not see how to turn it off as I am looking for a match with the fn key.
    You press the Fn key and the key that has the orange/blue light.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thank You very much. I had to press them while booting up and it worked. I now can pull up the drop down with the names of the wifi's. Mine shows connected and has a check in the box next to the icon for wireless. The airplane
      and the other icon have x's in the box. I can open the thunderbird mail but it will not refresh. I can open Firefox but only my home page. so I have another little problem.

Comment

Uncheck the Airplane box.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

The plane and the middle one have an X over the icon and the box is blank. The one on the left which looks like a tornado (the wireless) has the check in the box and the wifi (Edna 1) says it is connected. But I have server not found, except my home page and no mail will pull up. In network management settings what should be on the left. Details to Show. I have type,Connection State,Connection Speed, System Name, Mac address, IPv4 address, Access Point (SSID), Signal Strength, Wireless Channel, Wireless Security, Mobile Operater,Mobile signal quality, Mobile access Technology, Bluetooth Name, VPV Plugin, IPv4 Gateway, Wireless Mode, Wireless Bans. All of these do not need to be in there do they?

Comment

OK so you have a WIFI connection with your modem/router. And you can see your home page, are you sure it's the one on the internet and not a local copy? Have you tried some ordinary network tools like ping or mtr?

Another question, is there a reason you haven't tried with a wired connection?

Next thing to try: open the Konsole and type:
            Code:
            ping google.com
            (Enter)

This should give you a list of replies like:
            PHP Code:
            teunis@W520-15:~$ ping google.com
            PING google
            .com (82.94.228.16256(84bytes of data.
            64 bytes from 82.94.228.162icmp_seq=1 ttl=61 time=9.77 ms
            64 bytes from 82.94.228.162
            icmp_seq=2 ttl=61 time=9.32 ms
            icmp_seq=3 ttl=61 time=10.2 ms
            icmp_seq=4 ttl=61 time=9.33 ms
            icmp_seq=5 ttl=61 time=9.37 ms 
            In case you get a time out you don't have an internet connection to your modem.
            (In case it works you can stop the command with Ctrl+C)

A last resort would be to try:
            Code:
            ping 82.94.228.162
            In case this does work there seems to be a DNS problem.

In stead of 'ping' you can also use the 'mtr' command and it will give some more info but it might not be installed.
            Code:
            mtr google.com
            Good luck!

Comment

Teunis, fyi: The latest:
              https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...e&p=383156#top
              An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Working...
              X