X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[MULTI BOOT] Dual-boot Kubuntu 14.04 LTS on iMac8,1 hardware

Greetings to all,

If my question is mis-posted, please point me to the right place for it.

My assumption is that my iMac, no longer performing well under newer versions of Mac OS X, would do just fine on Kubuntu. I need a dedicated Linux machine, and this would be a win-win for me, preserve a good quality computer, and avoid spending extra money.

I have reviewed several guides on various Mac related web sites, instructing how to install Ubuntu on a Mac. The information did not give me a lot of confidence, that it's a stable and predictable process. Also, it did not answer my specific concern with respect to installation of Kubuntu LTS on my specific hardware, iMac 8,1.

I would appreciate it if someone could conclusively tell me that such installation is possible and point me to a clear and specific set of instructions. I don't mind if it's an extensive multi-page set of steps, as long as I could achieve a predictable, stable result.

I hope that my inquiry does not come across as too demanding. I am just trying to avoid starting an open ended, character building exercise of researching various compatibility issues, bootloaders, or drivers. I am too old for this .

Thanks again for any help, suggestions, and education.
Working...
X