This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unplugged second screen, lost kwin

I have an HDMI cable running from my Kubuntu 15.04 box to my TV. I was messing around with the plugs and unplugged the TV while the Kubuntu box was on and plasma crashed. I tried rebooting, but my desktop wont load. Im left with a completely black screen. Ive tried restarting plasma several times, but it fails with no error message. Any ideas?
    Last edited by whatthefunk; Nov 15, 2015, 07:49 AM.

Im getting a DBus error sometimes when trying to stop/start plasmashell.
    Code:
    $ kquitapp plasmashell
    kquitapp(2949): "Quitting application plasmashell failed. Error reported was:

org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply : Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken."

Comment

GPU info?

@hear when I do that it just drops the TV ,,,,,,,did you reboot with the TV plugged back in .

did you try booting with the "nomodset" option on your grub boot line?

VINNY
      i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
      16GB RAM
      Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

I dont think this is a GPU or grub issue. I get to the login screen fine. After entering my password, everything goes normal, but then when the progress bar gets full, it stalls, appears to timeout and then I plunge into darkness. I can still run programs if I start them from the command line. Im using Firefox to type this message now.

Comment

Got it working. Simply moved .config/plasma to a backup and it regenerated itself.
          Code:
          ~$ mkdir -p plasma
          ~$ mv .config/plasma* plasma/

Comment

Working...
          X