X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Volume Control widget intermittent in System Tray

Greetings!

The Volume Control widget in the System Tray appears only intermittently (15.04amd64). If it doesn't show, there is instead a blank space in its accustomed place (next to the Wi-Fi). It's not just the icon missing; there's no pop-up on hover and no response to a click there.

I'm hoping for better in 16.04 LTS.

I have the same problem with 15:10.
    The sound/volume icon intermittently appears in the system tray, more often than not it is missing however!
    Kubuntu 15.10

Comment

Yep. Same in 15.10

Comment

A workaround is to set it to hidden in the system tray, and add "Audio Volume" as a panel widget.

Comment

Fine, but it takes it out of the Tray, using up 'real estate'.

Comment

Hopefully it will be fixed soon. I only get the problem on a desktop with nvidia graphics using the nouveau driver. I haven't had a problem (so far) on a Lenovo B50 laptop (Intel).

Comment

Originally posted by john2 View Post
              A workaround is to set it to hidden in the system tray, and add "Audio Volume" as a panel widget.
              or instead of adding a widget ,,,,just install kmix.

VINNY
              i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
              16GB RAM
              Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Good idea. Kmix gives more control over what is shown - useful if you want the icon to show the levels on HDMI, for example.

Comment

It's not just the volume icon. The same thing has started happening to the Network icon.

Comment

Methinks there's something deeper at play here. Volume Control, Networks - *and* Muon Updater - *all* with random hiccups, all in the System Tray, and that in the Panel. This deserves more serious consideration and attention.

Achtung! Das komputenmachine ist nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengabben! Is easy schnappen der springewerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. ...
                    Last edited by Fester Bestertester; Nov 09, 2015, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X