X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to create Installation DVD via Brasero

Hi

Hope someone can shed some light on this issue.

Using Ubuntu 15.04 & Brasero 3.12.0. I have downloaded the Kubuntu 15.10 from the UK site also Swedish & UK mirrors, download of the .iso completed without errors, and Brasero was happy to burn the image (performing 'create checksum' and then burning the image). But the application never completes the process, it runs to 100% of the 'burn', but then sits there for hours with the 'verifying' panel open.

Now before we jump to any conclusions - I believe it could well be Brasero which is at fault here - I am however able to burn other distro's perfectly happily (same platform, same Brasero). These other distro's include Ubuntu 15.10, KaOS 2015-10, Mageia 5, Bhodi 3.1, Zorin 10, all of these have created the installation media without any issues. Which makes me think there must be something about the Kubuntu .iso image, but if that were the case I'd be seeing a lot more on the forums ...... I am confused

My method to create the install media is to click on the .iso image in the downloads folder, and select 'open with -> Brasero' - this is the method I tend to use more than any other. The DVD's are re-writable, have been used before - but no more that 5 or so times, and I have tried a 'pristine' DVD

Thanks

Jos

sory I can not help or even test this to see if I get the same results (I do not have Ubuntu-15.04 ,,,,just 14.04 in Ubuntu) and have not "burned" to plastic in a long time ,,,,OS.iso's that is ,,,,,,,Kubuntu-15.10 will dd to a USB however just fine .

I am however curious to hear what may be causing this .

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
      sory I can not help or even test this to see if I get the same results (I do not have Ubuntu-15.04 ,,,,just 14.04 in Ubuntu) and have not "burned" to plastic in a long time ,,,,OS.iso's that is ,,,,,,,Kubuntu-15.10 will dd to a USB however just fine .

I am however curious to hear what may be causing this .

VINNY
      My usb copy of 15.10 wouldn't install. And placing the iso in /boot/grml added it to grub, but it would just flash and go back to grub. So, I gave up and burned it

Whats a good app to make a multi-boot usb stick? Have a 32Gb I can put several distros on with yumi (windows), but havent found a good one that works in linux

Comment

looks to me like their is a "Yumi" for Ubuntu @hear http://www.pendrivelinux.com/yumi-mu...t-usb-creator/

I have not used it.

VINNY
        i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
        16GB RAM
        Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

How big are those other distro's? Maybe the Kubuntu iso is larger than the others.

Are you setting a max speed? Maybe try with a slower writing speed.
          Regards, John Little

Comment

Originally posted by jlittle View Post
            How big are those other distro's? Maybe the Kubuntu iso is larger than the others.

Are you setting a max speed? Maybe try with a slower writing speed.
            A couple of the other distro's are larger (Robolinux 1.9GB, Mageia 3.6GB) ..... size of image isn't the issue (I don't believe)

Comment

Issue resolved ....... and delivering many kicks to my backside !

Defective media - even the pristine disc (my fault for going down the 'non branded' route). Managed to obtain from one attempted install that there were 'block errors' in many areas of the DVD's I tried.

Purchased branded media, copied successfully, and now installed

Love Kubuntu 15.10 (last used Kubuntu at 11.04 (if memory serves me correctly)). This release is really good, and the team should be most proud of the work they have done on this. On my multiple distro system this is now going to be my preferred one

Comment

Working...
              X