Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes I ran 15.04 until I 'upgraded' to 14.04 and changed 14.10 to 15.10 (Both clean installs).
    As said the start of 15.10 was less than impressive but it has very recently improved at lot.

Comment

Been spending the last week trying all sorts of Linux distros, having been fed-up with Windows 10. Went from Ubuntu 14.04/w Cairo-Dock desktop, to Ubuntu 15.10, back to 14.04. Then I tried Linux Mint 17.3 Cinnamon 1 day before the hack, then back to Ubuntu 14.04 briefly before giving Kubuntu 14.04 a try. Now I'm on Kubuntu 15.10 and am enjoying it. This past week has been a ton of fun, trying out all of these different Linux distros and environments and seeing what each has to offer. At first, with Kubuntu 14.04, I wasn't sure about how I felt about KDE, but after seeing all that I can do with it, it definitely grew on me, and Plasma 5 feels like a step up from that, so I believe I'll be sticking with 15.10 until 16.04 comes out.

Comment

Cecil, good to hear (how) you sampled the various distro's and especially that you came back here.

There is another thread about 16.04 and especially the last page shows there is great progress:

https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...-Kubuntu-16-04

And I just noticed Steve Riley, one of the moderators, has created 16.04's own forum entry.

Comment

Originally posted by Teunis View Post
          Cecil, good to hear (how) you sampled the various distro's and especially that you came back here.

There is another thread about 16.04 and especially the last page shows there is great progress:

https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...-Kubuntu-16-04

And I just noticed Steve Riley, one of the moderators, has created 16.04's own forum entry.
          Yeah, it looks good for sure, though I'm going to wait until it's officially released in April. I thought about trying it out, but I'd rather wait until everything's ironed-out and ready for official release.

Comment

Not trying to dissuade you or anything, but I usually wait until June to install the April release if I'm planning on using it as my daily driver. There's almost always a flood of bugs (usually minor) that are fixed in the first several weeks. It takes me a whole weekend to massage my install to my liking so I'd rather keep the hassles to a minimum. There was so much going on with 15.10 that I skipped it altogether and am still using 15.04. Just sayin'....

Although from what I read and my limited experience with 16.04 in a VM, it's looks to be quicker and less buggy than 15.10 is now. I'll likely go ahead and install it to bare metal in late April, but not move to it completely until June-July.

Please Read Me

Comment

I have been very disappointed in 15.10.
              Of course it's unfair of me to expect perfect service from an intermediate release but I've been with Kubuntu from the very start and this has been the worst ever.

My recent (dual boot) installation of 14.04.04 also leaves to be desired so I've installed 16.04 on an External USB drive and so far it works at least as good, if not better, than 15.10

A good sign for what should become the next LTS release.
              But aside from the OS there is a huge backlog of applications that need to be converted to Plasma/QT5, I sure hope the developers get their fancy tickled...

Comment

Working...
              X