This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu 15.10 won't boot from live USB on my Samsung rf-511 laptop

I want to try Kubuntu 15.10 and that is why I have created a live USB of the kubuntu 15.10 iso through UNetBootin.

I have used the same pen drive to install my present OS (Lubuntu 15.10) and had live Ubuntu 15.10 installed just before I formatted it to install Kubuntu 15.10.

The same pen drive with Kubuntu 15.10 boots from USB on my HP envy m6 laptop.

On the other hand my Samsung rf-511 laptop has booted all OS'es apart from Kubuntu 15.10.

So I am not exactly able to pinpoint where the problem lies.

For info, my pen drive has been formatted in FAT 16 version.

Any help is appreciated.

Solved.

Used mkusb to create live USB instead of UNetBootin. Also put the USB 2.0 drive in USB 2.0 slot and disconnected all USB devices.

But now it is asking for password in a live session!

Since some other guy already asked the same question lets hope we get some answers!

Comment

UNetbootin has had its problems. Another method is to use dd to make the USB directly, but you need to be somewhat comfortable using the Linux command line.

But now it is asking for password in a live session!
      I believe I also recall that. Just hit Enter or something like that and it goes right passed that point. You don't need a PW to enter the live session.
      An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Working...
      X