This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

upgrade to 15.10 not shown in Muon package manager

I would like to do an upgrade. My Muon does not give me that option. Can you step me through this upgrade?
    Using Linux only for a few years, using mostly mouse on GUI (sorry gurus). Kubuntu 19.04 beta on home-built: GigaByte board - AMD Phenom II, 3000 6 core, RAM 4 Gb,

Muon does not handle version uprades itself. You'll probably also get a pop-up in your system tray when it's been released, depending on your upgrade settings. If you go to the Software Sources section in muon, discover, or synaptic, there is a setting you can choose for which releases you'll be promoted

Here is what it should look like when it's all available:
    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WilyUpgrades/Kubuntu

Sent from my LG G4
    Last edited by claydoh; Oct 21, 2015, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. It looks like I should just wait until my system shows an upgrade available.
      Using Linux only for a few years, using mostly mouse on GUI (sorry gurus). Kubuntu 19.04 beta on home-built: GigaByte board - AMD Phenom II, 3000 6 core, RAM 4 Gb,

Comment

I downloaded Kubuntu 15.10 Beta 2 to give it a try as a guest OS. It installed and ran fine. Then I got an upgrade notice for 700+ files. After the upgrade was done I was distracted and when I returned the screen was scrambled. I used VBox to send the quit signal and when that didn't work I sent it the reboot signal. When it rebooted I was greeted with a kernel panic. I deleted it the entire guest OS.
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Ah..so...
          not very reassuring, I wouldn't know what to do with all that. So waiting is called for. I don't do that well.
          Nice to connect with you again GreyGeek.
          thanks

Comment

That's ok, updating (not upgrading) 15.10 to...15.10 is not the same as upgrading from 15.04, especially in a VM, where the 'hardware" is virtual.

For what it's worth, all my systems are running 15.10 now, just fine. Even the upgraded-since-at-least-13.04 one.

Comment

Working...
            X