Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why don't Ubuntu or it derivatives advertise the upcoming release of Wily Werewolf

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickStone View Post
    Never heard of siduction?
    From your citation:
    This means that re-installing yet another release every 6+ months on your PC is unnecessary with siduction, as the daily, weekly or monthly dist-upgrade brings everything up-to-date.It is worth noting, as siduction uses Debian's unstable branch and due to the very nature of 'Sid', you will need to be prepared to use the Terminal/cli.

If you used the Btrfs and took. Pre and post snapshot! If things didn't work out the log into a terminal as root and rollback the changes. Then reboot. That would avoid using history to see what was added, removed or changed and doing all the reversals manually one at a time.
    Last edited by GreyGeek; Oct 23, 2015, 11:25 AM.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Re. Siduction: Yeah, but I haven't looked at it in a while. Last time the installer wouldn't install to btrfs which is a deal-breaker for me. I should have included btrfs in my "wish list". The newest install iso is 11 months old now, but maybe I'll try it again.

Really the largest thing is the available install software. I guess I should look at what Sid offers, but typically for me, debian is too slow releasing updates. Maybe I have assumed this spills over into Siduction.
      Last edited by oshunluvr; Oct 23, 2015, 12:51 PM.

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
        Re. Siduction: Yeah, but I haven't looked at it in a while. Last time the installer wouldn't install to btrfs which is a deal-breaker for me. I should have included btrfs in my "wish list". The newest install iso is 11 months old now, but maybe I'll try it again.

Really the largest thing is the available install software. I guess I should look at what Sid offers, but typically for me, debian is too slow releasing updates. Maybe I have assumed this spills over into Siduction.
        From the manual:
        The installer offers btrfs still as an experimental filesystem. Please be careful if you use it and always backup your data.
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich Oliver View Post
          Does that mean there will definitely be a 16.04? I got the impression that was in doubt a while back. If so any thoughts on what the display server will be?

Ubuntu final seems to be out but not Kubuntu final when I wrote this post.
          Well at least our SABDFL has decided on 16.04 and given it the name ‘Xenial Xerus’. Here SABDFL's intention is to have:

"Canonical’s home-grown Mir display server and Unity 8 shell are maturing nicely, aiming to replace the default offerings in Ubuntu 16.10 due in a year’s time."

Certainly by that time Wayland will be well and truly integrated and the Plasma desktop will have all the rough edges knocked off. So I am looking forward to the next 6 months of development. For me, the show stoppers with Plasma 5.4.2 are tolerable and I hope these are fixed soon for everyone’s peace of mind.

Comment

Working...
          X