This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nvidia resolution

When I install the nvidia driver everything on the screen is huge like the resolution is not set right but when I go into nvidia settings it says it is. If I set it lower everything gets bigger but nothing makes it smaller.

On the subject of Nvidia if any devs are reading this how stupid is it that the boot up splash screen still doesn't work with Nvidia? How many years has it been? This is the kind of stuff that makes Linux look pretty ghetto to most users.
    It's never been a big enough deal for me to do the workarounds to get something that looks nicer but i think it's absolutely insane that I should have to.

Depending on screen size, you may wan to try and adjust the dpi settings (found in the fonts section)

devs don't have access to Nvidia code, really, so Blame Nvidia(tm) ??

On my 2 different systems, both with Nvidia proprietary drivers, I don't have any problems with the splash screens myself.

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
      Depending on screen size, you may wan to try and adjust the dpi settings (found in the fonts section)

devs don't have access to Nvidia code, really, so Blame Nvidia(tm) ??

On my 2 different systems, both with Nvidia proprietary drivers, I don't have any problems with the splash screens myself.
      I don't think it's the drivers. I have used Nvidia drivers in older versions of Kubuntu on this computer without this issue.
      I also don't think it's the DPI. Everything gets bigger. Title bars, task manager, Icons, browser, everything.

As for the splash screens it's the one as the computer boots up and when they decided to come out with neauveau they decided to make that screen only neavueau compatible so once you install the Nvidia drivers you get a 1980s style boot screen instead. Stupidest thing the Linux community ever did IMO and I can't believe it's still like that.

Comment

have you tried setting the resolution in nvidia-settings?

as for the pretty splash as your comptuer boots you can fix it by changing a few configs to workaround the drivers short coming.Ultimately its up to nvidia to fix their driver to work correctly with Plymouth.
        Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
        (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Working...
        X