This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teunis View Post
    KMail... it is missing one for me essential option, to allow html form trusted sources only.
    Yes. It is not present. It was on someone's wish list. The status says it is "resolved fixed", but I don't see that it is.
    Bug 63780 - Auto-render HTML for certain email addresses
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the confirmation.

Comment

Originally posted by life0riley View Post
        KMail is at the top of the list for me.
        I tried Kmail, but gmail doesn't like it, saying it doesn't support modern security standards or something like that and to choose a more secure email client. I found the option to let Kmail connect to gmail, but why does gmail think Kmail is insecure? For now, I'm still on Thunderbird, mostly because it's what I'm used to.

Comment

Originally posted by Cecil View Post
          ... why does gmail think Kmail is insecure? ...
          You probably disabled the 2-step verification.

Here is some information about KMail and GMail 2-step verification:
          Kmail/Account Wizard
          Note
          If you use GMail 2-step verification you will need to generate an application-specific password within gmail security settings and enter that password in the password text box.
          Cannot access Google account through Kontact client after activating two-step authentication
          What do I need to do to enable access through Kontact again?

Just as it says, you need to generate an application specific password for that client.

As documented when enabling 2-step verification for an account, you need to create an application specific password (to be used in place of your regular password) for any client/application/device that doesn't know how to ask for the 2-step code (like your phone). https://support.google.com/mail/bin/...answer=1173270
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X