This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PLASMA 5] KDE Font Viewer and installer don't show fonts

This problem first appeared with Vivid, but has carried through into Wily. The KDE font viewer, and the part of the font installer that is supposed to show the font do not work. In the area where the font should be displayed, there is only a thin line of what looks like the first few pixels along the left hand side, but otherwise blank. FontForge works fine. It does work on KDE4 based installations.
    The installer works for installing, but there seems to be no way, at least with the native KDE programs, to view already installed fonts.
    I have messed with the compositor (which I generally leave off as it seems to crash often), screen settings, etc., to no avail.

Edit: This is using the nvidia 340.93 driver.
    Last edited by doctordruidphd; Oct 12, 2015, 03:00 PM. Reason: identified duplicate issue
    We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn't want to meet. -- Stephen Hawking

Thread: Font preview broken??

Try Me !

Comment

Yep, that's it. Odd that searching didn't find it.
      Well, identified, but certainly not solved.
      We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn't want to meet. -- Stephen Hawking

Comment

Working...
      X