X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird issues, overall help?

Hi,

I just installed Kubuntu 15.04 on my second drive. I have Windows 10 on a 500GB SSD, now I installed a new 500GB second SSD and installed Kubuntu. No issues there.

I am having a few issues and weirdness with Kubuntu.

1. Although I went into driver settings and selected the recommended Nvidia driver, and all settings say my resolution is 3840x2160, things seem large. Compared to Windows 10, my browser takes up more screen real estate and so forth (windowed). Does Kubuntu have some weird DPI scaling going on? Every window just seemed larger than it should be (as in, I resize to what I normally have shown, but its larger than what that would be in Windows).

2. On the same note. I installed Chrome onto Kubuntu. Why is it so very ugly compared to any other version? It has the top piece, the main address bar piece, and a large noticeable border to all of it as well. I also seem to not be able to log into Feedly, it opens a window, hit Log in with Google, then nothing happens.

3. After installing/changing to the Nvidia drivers, my sound is no longer working and it's not detecting my speakers? Ideas? They are USB speakers (Audioengine A2+). They were working at first, and I have gone into the settings and tried every other option in there.

4. I seemed to have got a fair amount of crashes, settings menus, file browser and a few apps just from my playing around and testing. I have never seen that happen on a Linux install before? This system I am using has had Linux on it many times, Ubuntu mostly but other variations and never seen that before.
Working...
X