This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NFS no longer mounting at boot.

Recently, I've noticed my server nfs share doesn't mount at boot. Mounts fine with a "mount -a" after the boot so I know the fstab entry is OK. Here's the log message:

Code:
    Oct  6 11:13:03 office kernel: [   14.932152] systemd[1]: Cannot add dependency job for unit nfs-blkmap.service, ignoring: Unit nfs-blkmap.service failed to load: No such file or directory.
    and indeed there is no nfs-blkmap.service file. I've searched a bit and can find reference to a similar issue from a year ago but it was caused by systemd trying to mount nfs shares prior to network availability and they fixed that.

Any ideas or should I jump right to bug reporting?

Please Read Me

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php...up_via_systemd

I seem to remember that you remove networkmanager ,,,,,,so thought this may help ?

check the "Mount at startup via systemd" section

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Don't seem to be having that trouble. When I boot either the desktop or laptop, so long as the other is booted, then the other automatically mounts the NFS directories at boot. I'm usually also logged in on the other computer so I don't know if they would mount automatically if I wasn't logged-in. Would that make a difference?

Comment

I added this option to fstab x-systemd.automount and it appears to work, but I'm also booting to the .29 kernel because .30 and .31 are giving me fits so I can't exactly say which change fixed it.

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
        X