X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bluetooth Keyboard pairing fails due to PIN request [Logiteck K811]

Hello to Everybody,

I am trying to get my Logitech Keyboard K811 working on Kubuntu. Everything is working rapidly until the point, where kubuntu is waiting for a pin. I cannot get it to work beyond this point. Setting a manual pin (0000) does not work either. I cannot find another PIN in the hardware documentation either. Manually adding the device as "trusted" is not getting any success.

Any ideas? Can other bluetooth keyboards be paired?

Sorry for missing screenshots. I cannot find a way on adding attachments here.

First off, to attach screenshots or text files: click on "Go Advanced" and scroll down to manage attachments.

I've never heard of a keyboard that needs a pin so you shouldn't entering one anywhere. You might try "1234" which is another generic pin.

There was a way to get a pin from a device (that issues one) via the terminal, but the required program - hcidump - has not been ported to 15.04 yet.

Logitech does not support Linux for their devices, but most of them work. It could be that a needed udev rule is missing for this keyboard so blueman is incorrectly asking for a pin when no exists. For example, I have a bluetooth mouse and speaker, neither of which require a pin so blueman doesn't ask for one. However, for my phone, it does.

If 1234 doesn't work, report back and we'll try something else.

Please Read Me

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. The Keyboard does not need a pin. At least it did not so far on MacOS, Windows or Android. The problem seems to be more in the KDE Bluetooth application. It just seems to be trying to generate a PIN, but never finishes.

Good news is, that I got it to work:
      1. Installed blueman from the sources
      2. Disabled "Bluetooth-Integration in KDE" with in the KDE bluetooth control.
      3. Now with some playing around between blueman and BlueDevil it got it connected and working just fine

A problem is so far, that after a reboot or logoff/logon the keyboard has to be repaired again. "Playing around" between the 2 programs is the most technical description, I could come up with so far.

Regarding attachments:
      It says at the forum bottom "You may not post attachments". So I guess that is due to the fact, that I just registered.

Comment

Working...
      X