Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

15.04 Automatically save and restore sessions properly?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

15.04 Automatically save and restore sessions properly?

Has the failure to automatically save and restore sessions been fixed in 15.04 yet? Running 14.10, due to that not working with 15.04 when it came out. I need to determine if I need to go back to 14.04 LTS or if 15.04 is functioning properly yet.

Seriously, no one knows if the sessions are saving? When you shut down and restart are all the applications on the correct virtual desktop or not? I know that didn't work in the begining and that is why I went back to a previous version. Was a pretty big pain to reshuffle all the open applications to thier proper desktops everytime you were starting or restarting. Is 15.04 just not used by anyone?

Comment

Dunno, I don't use saved sessions or Virtual Desktops. Maybe others don't, either, or it is working for them?
      Maybe someone will add to this once more of the US members get home and settled in from work.

Comment

I guess it depends on what you mean by "work" ...

I just tried it: deluge and dolphin open on desktop 1, chrome and konsole open on desktop 2. Restarted.

Two crash messages came up during the shutdown.

On reboot and login, konsole and dolphin were open on desktop 1, nothing was open on desktop 2.

So it's doing *something* ... sort of.
        --
        Intocabile

Comment

Working...
        X