This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acer E17-711-p1uv Atheros ar9565

Hello, Let me start by saying I'm not sure if this is a hardware problem or not. Here's what I have for a problem.

My wireless will not connect to my router, it will get stuck at "setting network address" so, in the name of troubleshooting, I turned on my phones wifi-hotspot. This connects in less than a second and is functional. so the hardware appears to be capable of communicating, just not with a normal router.

Even that doesn't seem to be correct. if I connect to a WPA encypted network, it works okay, however the network where I'm staying is open and unsecured (not my choice, it's my roommates connection and I can't mess with the settings really)

open networks on a whole seem to freeze up like this. I'm not sure what the issue is, I know in Windows I can connect to this network, just not on my linux installation (dual boot)

previous versions of various ubuntu based releases have the same issue with the laptop. so after running down google for answers and coming up with nothing, (and the askubuntu forum as well as this one) here I am.

I know additional information will likely be needed, let me know what you need and I'll get back to you with the answers as soon as possible.
Working...
X