Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best part of 2 years on, I've given up. $%#&&*&%(&^)^)__&*%^(&^$%^#$!!!!!

Comment

Long time, no activity - other matters attended. Now resuming...

I'm now running 15.10 which gives me a reliable Bluetooth icon. This sets up the Streamer. The Volume Control icon reveals only the Analog and HDMI sliders. Right-clicking it allows me to enable the Streamer as Headset or Hi-Fi, to no effect: still no audio - and the buttons on the Streamer make no difference. When oh when will someone tee off the audio output to a "Bluetooth" slider control to allow the audio to pipe out to bluetooth devices? Or have a "Streamer" slider appear when the Streamer is activated? As it stands, Bluetooth is more like Blunttooth
      Last edited by Fester Bestertester; Dec 03, 2015, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Have you tried the blueman applet?

It's part of the Gnome etc. family but works fine in Kubuntu.

Now I don't say it includes the control you are looking for but maybe you should try.

Comment

Blueman is just that: a blue tooth man ager. Thanks anyway

I need audio from the computer's main mix out via bluetooth to the Streamer (yes it's paired!) full-time and slider-controlled in the mixer. As stated early in this saga, I can use the Streamer wired to the headphone socket to get sound through my 'hairy maids', but that tethers me to the computer. If the bluetooth worked, I could be using the hearing aids for computer audio without the socially-isolating amp-and-cans. And if I can find a replacement for the no-longer-available Jabra 3.5mm headphone-plug to bluetooth sender (reverse-process of the common bluetooth headphones), I could do the same for the non-smart TV. Ideally a stereo RCA-socket line-level input device, perhaps USB-powered?
          Last edited by Fester Bestertester; Dec 13, 2015, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X