Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do not have a bluetooth entry in system settings. However, I use bluetooth by starting it manually using a .desktop file in ~/.config/autostart . Here's the contents:
    Code:
    [Desktop Entry]Categories=Qt;KDE;X-Bluetooth;Network;
    Comment[en_US]=KDE Bluetooth support
    Comment=KDE Bluetooth support
    Exec=bluedevil-monolithic
    GenericName[en_US]=BlueDevil
    GenericName=BlueDevil
    Icon=preferences-system-bluetooth
    MimeType=
    Name[en_US]=BlueDevil
    Name=BlueDevil
    NoDisplay=false
    Path=
    StartupNotify=true
    Terminal=false
    TerminalOptions=
    Type=Application
    Version=1.0
    X-DBUS-ServiceName=
    X-DBUS-StartupType=
    X-KDE-SubstituteUID=false
    X-KDE-Username=
    Seems likely that you're missing something from the install. Here's a list of my installed bluetooth packages:
    Code:
    ii  bluedevil                                                   2.0~rc1really1.3.2-0ubuntu1                amd64        KDE Bluetooth stack
    ii  bluemon                                                     1.4-6ubuntu1                               amd64        Activate or deactivate programs based on Bluetooth link quality
    ii  bluetooth                                                   4.101-0ubuntu25                            all          Bluetooth support
    ii  bluewho                                                     0.1-1                                      all          notifies new discovered bluetooth devices
    ii  bluez                                                       4.101-0ubuntu25                            amd64        Bluetooth tools and daemons
    ii  bluez-alsa:amd64                                            4.101-0ubuntu25                            amd64        Bluetooth ALSA support
    ii  bluez-audio                                                 4.101-0ubuntu25                            all          Transitional package
    ii  bluez-compat                                                4.101-0ubuntu25                            amd64        BlueZ 3.x compatibility binaries
    ii  bluez-cups                                                  4.101-0ubuntu25                            amd64        Bluetooth printer driver for CUPS
    ii  bluez-gstreamer                                             4.101-0ubuntu25                            amd64        Bluetooth GStreamer support
    ii  bluez-tools                                                 0.1.38+git662e-3                           amd64        Set of tools to manage Bluetooth devices for linux
    ii  bluez-utils                                                 4.101-0ubuntu25                            all          Transitional package
    ii  libbluedevil1:amd64                                         2.0~rc1really1.9.4-0ubuntu1                amd64        Qt wrapper for bluez
    ii  libbluetooth3:amd64                                         4.101-0ubuntu25                            amd64        Library to use the BlueZ Linux Bluetooth stack
    ii  libqt5bluetooth5:amd64                                      5.4.1-1ubuntu1                             amd64        Qt Connectivity Bluetooth module
    ii  libqt5bluetooth5-bin:amd64                                  5.4.1-1ubuntu1                             amd64        Qt Connectivity Bluetooth module helper binaries
    ii  pulseaudio-module-bluetooth                                 1:6.0-0ubuntu6                             amd64        Bluetooth module for PulseAudio sound server
    ii  python-bluez                                                0.20-1                                     amd64        Python wrappers around BlueZ for rapid bluetooth development
    Last edited by oshunluvr; Jul 29, 2015, 07:02 AM.

Please Read Me

Comment

oshunluvr: I've put bluedevil in autostart too. What command gets that bluetooth listing? that might tell me what I'm missing when compared against yours.

Comment

All I did to add bluedevil to my autostart is to go to the Autostart section in System Settings and click "Add Program". then browse the menu tree in the dialog to find Bluedevil --in the Internet category, of all places. You can also just type in "blue" in the search box and select "bluedevil-monolithic".

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
          All I did to add bluedevil to my autostart is to go to the Autostart section in System Settings and click "Add Program". then browse the menu tree in the dialog to find Bluedevil --in the Internet category, of all places. You can also just type in "blue" in the search box and select "bluedevil-monolithic".
          Thanks claydoh - already done, as above. osholuvr has given a listing of his (presumably working!) bluetooth stuff - do you know the cli command for that?

Comment

bluedevil-monolithic

Comment

Which gets me:
              QDBusConnection: session D-Bus connection created before QCoreApplication. Application m
              ay misbehave.
              QDBusConnection: session D-Bus connection created before QCoreApplication. Application m
              ay misbehave.

What's up here?

Comment

Nothing, that is just useless-to-users terminal output.

You may have to reboot, or start/restart the bluetoothd daemon.

Comment

ya ,,,,,@oshunluvr probably used something like this
                  Code:
                  dpkg -l | grep blue
                  to list packages with "blue" in the name/description ...

@hear I get this on a Debian system so it is some what different

Code:
                   vinny@debian:~$ dpkg -l | grep blue
                  ii  bluedevil                             2.0~rc1-44-gb7697a7-3                amd64        KDE Bluetooth stack
                  ii  bluetooth                             5.23-2                               all          Bluetooth support
                  ii  bluez                                 5.23-2+b1                            amd64        Bluetooth tools and daemons
                  ii  bluez-obexd                           5.23-2+b1                            amd64        bluez obex daemon
                  ii  libbluedevil2:amd64                   2.0~rc1-6-g7bb223c-2                 amd64        Qt wrapper for bluez
                  ii  libbluetooth3:amd64                   5.23-2+b1                            amd64        Library to use the BlueZ Linux Bluetooth stack
                  ii  pulseaudio-module-bluetooth           5.0-13                               amd64        Bluetooth module for PulseAudio sound server
                  I can send sound to a Bluetooth speaker I have just fine .

VINNY
                  Last edited by vinnywright; Jul 29, 2015, 06:54 PM. Reason: fix [code] formatting
                  i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
                  16GB RAM
                  Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

claydoh: Reboot (full power-down), same result

vinnywright: thanks! that got me:

ii bluedevil 2.0~rc1really1.3.2-0ubuntu1 amd64 KDE Bluetooth stack
                    ii bluetooth 4.101-0ubuntu25 all Bluetooth support
                    ii bluez 4.101-0ubuntu25 amd64 Bluetooth tools and daemons
                    ii bluez-alsa:amd64 4.101-0ubuntu25 amd64 Bluetooth ALSA support
                    ii bluez-cups 4.101-0ubuntu25 amd64 Bluetooth printer driver for CUPS
                    ii bluez-gstreamer 4.101-0ubuntu25 amd64 Bluetooth GStreamer support
                    ii libbluedevil1:amd64 2.0~rc1really1.9.4-0ubuntu1 amd64 Qt wrapper for bluez
                    ii libbluetooth3:amd64 4.101-0ubuntu25 amd64 Library to use the BlueZ Linux Bluetooth stack
                    ii pulseaudio-module-bluetooth 1:6.0-0ubuntu6 amd64 Bluetooth module for PulseAudio sound server
                    ii python-bluez 0.20-1 amd64 Python wrappers around BlueZ for rapid bluetooth development

Now to analyse...

Comment

Sorry, I'm working another overnight shift, so I'm afk. Check your system tray for hidden icons - the arrow thingy at the right side of it. I wonder if the icon is set to be auto hidden if there are no connected devices?I can't remember at all.

Sent from my LG G4

Comment

Sorry, I may not have clarified: the Bluetooth icon is there in the System Tray. Its shows as On, with button to turn Off (I haven't ), and Discoverable. It shows the Streamer as a Known Device, and seemingly Connected as both Headset and Audio Sink. Configure Bluetooth shows Integration on, and the Streamer as Headset but NOT completely enabled. I've tried the 'Fix it' button several times during this saga, but not just now. Something may have changed to allow it to work - here goes ... OK, the warning went away ... still nothing showing in Kmix (I would expect a slider, but could be mistaken ...

Comment

Back on deck... Just re-tried the 'Fix It' and whatever it did it seemed to work - the warning went away. Don't know if that'll survive reboot, though. Meanwhile also noted Bluetooth item in Dolphin's sidepanel under "Devices", so some form of integration is taking place. Still no slider in Kmix.

Further thoughts: The hearing aids are Oticon, and must be interfacing with the Streamer via some form of 'near-field'. The manual says very low power, and range only about 0.5m. Streamer and 'hairy maids' are working fine - the streamer's controls all work, and I can put sound through it by cable connect to the computer's headphone jack. It's the Bluetooth that's hiccupped - that's what should be replacing that cable.

Streamer shows up as an item in Dolphin -> Bluetooth, and as Headset. Right click on this gets "Open with BlueDevil Audio Connect" which shows some activity in the taskbar but no more - it appears to time out. Still no slider in Kmix.

Still scratching head, haven't yet analysed that dkpg output...
                          Last edited by Fester Bestertester; Jul 30, 2015, 08:35 PM.

Comment

So, your device has been paired with your computer?

Comment

I think I mentioned that some time back. Yes.

Comment

Wait.. No, I haven't mentioned pairing. I can't recall being prompted for that, but as I said it shows as 'connected'.

But dim recollection from pre-bluedevil blueman-applet, I think I did it then, and it carried over.

Bluetooth in SysTray > Configure Bluetooth > double-click on Streamer, it shows green tick Paired.

Right-click Kmix > Audio Setup > select Streamer (bottom of list) > Test. No sound. Prefer to top of list, Test - still no sound. Select Master Channel is the same as Prefer, and Master slider is titled Streamer - still no sound. GRRRRRRRR!

VLC has an Audio selection, and this includes Streamer, but no sound through.
                                Last edited by Fester Bestertester; Jul 31, 2015, 03:14 AM. Reason: More info

Comment

Working...
                                X