This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE updates - where's the love?

I've been browsing kde.org and noticed that that the versions of frameworks, applications and plasma are 5.12, 15.04.3 and 5.3.2 respectively. Kubuntu is far behind for all of those except for plasma which is one release off.
    What's been going on with the lack of software updates? I want the latest and greatest version of KDE at all times.

Do you have the Backports repository active?
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
      Do you have the Backports repository active?
      Yes and it's up to date. The last announcement for 15.04 on the Kubuntu.org website was on the 30th May. I hope 15.04 syncs up with the KDE releases again soon.

Comment

It's being worked on. The single person working on packaging frameworks and plasma is at the Akademy conference, and is still working on getting around some stumbling blocks

From what I see, it looks like frameworks is mostly done, then plasma can be built.

People forget how small the team really is, and also that things usually are built for the next release first, then backported to the.......backports ppa for the current release.

Sent from my LG G4

Comment

Great. I've been having some memory leak issues with plasmashell and have heard that they have been fixed in frameworks 5.12 - really looking forward to this one!

Comment

"Where's the love?"

The people who do the work, mostly volunteers, must ask themselves this every day.

Comment

Love or no love, yesterday I was quite surprised by the 288 updated packages

Now I have to find out what difference they make.

Comment

First impressions look good to me. My test isn't scientific but I'm pretty sure I'm using around 1GB less ram after a day's uptime.

Comment

Working...
                X