This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrader stuck at 71%

I made the jump from 14.10 to 15.04 this afternoon, but the installer stopped while 71% finished with Installing the Upgrades about an hour ago. The installer window is frozen so clicking Show Terminal does nothing. Whats my next move? I would really like to not have to reinstall the whole thing.

Figured it out. I had altered a pulseaudio system file and the installer needed to ask me if I wanted to keep the altered version or replace it, but the Ubuntu Upgrader wasnt able to ask this question. I killed the upgrader and configured dpkg in the terminal where the system was able to ask me the question. Kind of ridiculous that such a basic task killed the upgrader.

Comment

Congratulations on upgrading to plasma5, you'll have plenty of fun trying to use a buggy desktop.

Comment

Yeah, Im already running into trouble. Switching activities with a shortcut is broken. Thats a huge problem for me.

Comment

If you've upgraded from plasma-desktop (KDE4) to plasma5 you might want to remove your .kde directory in your home folder / partition.

Comment

Done. Thanks for the tip.

Comment

Originally posted by whatthefunk View Post
              Figured it out. I had altered a pulseaudio system file and the installer needed to ask me if I wanted to keep the altered version or replace it, but the Ubuntu Upgrader wasnt able to ask this question. I killed the upgrader and configured dpkg in the terminal where the system was able to ask me the question. Kind of ridiculous that such a basic task killed the upgrader.
              Wow, that seems like a major and basic failing. If you have a Launchpad account, perhaps you could file a bug against the upgrader? I imagine many people will encounter similar problems.

Comment

Working...
              X