Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Network manager keeps asking for wifi password.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Network manager keeps asking for wifi password.

Hey guys!

I have just installed kubuntu 15.04 on my Acer Aspire E1 531.
    I have a huge problem. Every 2 minutes a window opens and is asking me for my wifi password. This is really annoying, because as this happens I loose my Internet connection untill I reenter my password...
    This makes my kubuntu unusable so I have to switch my Windows...
    I would love to use kubuntu as my primary system, but this error makes this impossible for me.
    I have already tried to delete all entrys in the network manager and then reboot my pc and reenter the data but that did not work.

I hope I've posted that in the right forum.

Thank you for your help

In the Networkmanager setup undeer the WIFI security tab is a tick box to 'every time ask for password' (or such wording).
    Is it accidentally ticked?

On the first tab, General Settings, you can enable 'Automatic Connection', is it on?
    The one underneath 'Allow all usr etc' used to be guilty of problem, it's good to be switched on though I haven't experienced this particular issue on 15.04.

An other place to look is KWallet Manager.

Comment

I had something similar happen to me a few times back in kde4. What happened is that for whatever reason Network Manager had my ssid listed twice, the original one and a new one that it was trying to connect to constantly. I had to temporarily turn off networking, delete both connections and start over.

Might be worth checking out.

Sent from my LG G4

Comment

Working...
      X