This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KMail Bug?

Non-critical issue, but when I delete a Search Results folder KMail loses all the Local Folders. Close/restart of KMail restores them.

Running 14.10 64bit in a virtual machine (Virtual Box Guest under Win7 Host). The upgrade from 12.04 has otherwise gone well, once I figured out where KMail now stores the folders - under akonadi!). Am I doing something wrong?

I think there are few bugs in KMail's folder and message display routines. The one I frequently see is this: delete one message in a folder, and all of them appear to have been deleted. However, if I navigate out of and then back into said folder, the remaining messages are still there -- only the selected one was deleted. Sounds like you're experiencing a similar bug. Have you tried simply navigating to some other folder?

Comment

All the local folders disappear, so navigating away isn't an option. For grins I tried adding the inbox to the "Favorites" panel, but it disappeared from there, too. In previous versions I have experienced the disappearing messages bug - when moving one from a thread the rest of the thread vanishes - but not at all consistently and as you say easily worked around. This is a more annoying problem, requiring a restart.

Thanks for the reply, though.

Comment

Is this something worth reporting somewhere?

Comment

Sounds like it. I'd recommend filing a bug against Kmail at https://bugs.kde.org -- this doesn't sound like a Kubuntu bug.

Comment

Thanks. Will do.

Comment

Working...
            X