X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

error unknown filesystem grub rescue

hi everyone!

I had kubuntu 14 alongside windows 8 but got tired of kubuntu an deleted the partitions on which the kubuntu was running from windows and created a new partition instead of that, and when I restarted my laptop this error came up.

I am new to kubuntu so please tell me what to do step by step.

Any help would be appreciated....

Easiest thing to to is get and run Boot Repair,
    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Boot-Repair
    Basically, you just need to fix it so your Windows bootloader works again.
    When you deleted Kubuntu, you probably also lost your way of booting into Windows as Kubuntu installs a bootloader GRUB, and GRUB handles both Windows and Kubuntu.
    An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Originally posted by Qqmike View Post
      Easiest thing to to is get and run Boot Repair,
      https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Boot-Repair
      Basically, you just need to fix it so your Windows bootloader works again.
      When you deleted Kubuntu, you probably also lost your way of booting into Windows as Kubuntu installs a bootloader GRUB, and GRUB handles both Windows and Kubuntu.
      thanks for your reply, but I don't even see any boot page. When I turn it on this is what comes up. Lenovo Screen and then it jumps to this error page. I can not go to boot options page to set the boot menu ....

Comment

Originally posted by rotcivh View Post
        thanks for your reply, but I don't even see any boot page. When I turn it on this is what comes up. Lenovo Screen and then it jumps to this error page. I can not go to boot options page to set the boot menu ....
        you nead to folow the link @Qqmike posted and follow one of the methods it describes .

right now you are in a unbootable state because the boot files Grub needs were on the partition you removed.

VINNY
        i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
        16GB RAM
        Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

when I restarted my laptop this error came up
          then it jumps to this error page
          It would help if you could describe, in detail, what "this error" actually is.

Comment

thanks for your reply, but I don't even see any boot page.
            Well, yes, that's the whole point. That's why you need to try Boot Repair, and re-boot your computer using Boot Repair so it can try to fix the problem for you.
            An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Working...
            X