This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Libreoffice error

Trying to load a financial file downloaded from my bank "bank.csv".

Libreoffice dialog window opens and the progress bar starts filling and then about 1/2 through an error window opens with the message:

Th application cannot be started.
    Error while reinstalling all previously deployed packages of context user.

What does that mean.

I used Muon package manager to remove all libreoffice installed packages and then install. Same error.

Used muon discover to remove and then install. Same error.

Ran sudo apt-get autoclean

same error

Ran sudo apt-get autoremove same error.

Sounds like a problem with your libreoffice config. Try moving (or removing) the ~/.config/libreoffice folder. You'll lose all your personalization and settings, but it should restore function.

Please Read Me

Comment

Please remove the folder ~/.config/libreoffice. Does that make the problem go away?

Comment

Ha! Oshun beat me to it.

Comment

PPPPfffftttt!

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
            Please remove the folder ~/.config/libreoffice. Does that make the problem go away?
            Thank you and oshunluvr .

That was indeed the problem

Sorry too take so long in replying, but I have ben working to get 15.04 working. I will post to my thread

https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...ion-experience

I've been working with an external USB drive - it's been interesting.

Comment

A new problem with LibreOffice.

When I attempt to open, LibreOffice brings op the open file dialog window. But the window itself is totally blank, Nothing in it. And it hangs there. Nothing happens. Just a blank window.

I tried to remove the ~/config/libreoffice directory as mentioned above, but made no difference. Is this a known bug??

Comment

I've been having similar issues: I open a document in writer and the window is black. Going full-screen and then back to windowed solves it.

Please Read Me

Comment

You never mentioned what LibreOffice package you attempted to open the csv file.

A csv file is a comma separated value file i.e. a simple database. You should be able to open it in any spreadsheet package including LibreOffice Calc.

Comment

Working...
                  X