Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bluetooth audio with Bose SoundLink Mini ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bluetooth audio with Bose SoundLink Mini ?

Hello,

Trying to get my new (second-hand) Bose SoundLink Mini speaker to work with Kubuntu 14.10 64b on an Acer Aspire laptop.

It pairs correctly, I can play the test sounds from Phonon, (the test tune, and the "front left" and "front right" vocalisations), audio via Amarok plays correctly, but I cannot get audio from VLC or from MPV to play on the bluetooth speaker. It only plays on the laptop speakers.

In Phonon, I've also set (in the music and video categories) the "Bose Mini SoundLink" as the preferred audio playback device.

I'm guessing all the hard work is out of the way (whew!) and what I'm seeing now is just a player config issue.

Has anyone had any success with this? Any thoughts?
    Last edited by teracow; May 27, 2015, 02:50 AM.

Well this won't be helpful, but my Bose Mini Soundlink works here without issue. I transport it back and forth from another computer to this one but neither has speakers at the moment. The 2 PCs in question are a 14.04 desktop machine and an Asus Chromebox.

I assume you realize VLC has it's own Audio configuration?

Please Read Me

Comment

Resolved!

After a fresh install of 14.10, everything works as expected. So, most likely, I broke something in the previous installation.

Comment

Working...
      X