This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm B.a.a.a.c.k!

After getting into problems with 15.04, I quickly downloaded the LTS version and wiped 15.04 off both my PC's. I keep good backups =)

It took a much shorter time to get everything restored and running than it took attempting to get 15.04 to work. Thanks to all the community for documentation work over the years.

I'm more than a little concerned with Plasma 5.3. That advanced number conned me into believing that it was ready for prime time. By my experience, it should probably be called 5.0.0.3 (Beta). I know this for sure, when the next release comes, I'll try running it from CD/Stick on both systems for an appropriate amount of time before I go through anything like this again.

Ah, Mother Nature! She gives the test first, then lesson!
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Don't slag off plasma5 too soon, I have Manjaro 0.9.0 with plasma5 pre5 (in development) installed on one machine and have no issues with plasma5 (at the moment). But for you maybe try Manjaro 0.8.13 rc1 (with plasma5).

Comment

Working...
      X