X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rename iso?

Hello!

Since i don't know how exactly to post this so it doesnt come out the wrong way, please forgive me.

I just wanted to suggest that you rename this "neon5-latest.iso" to something else, because neon5-latest, doesnt say much about what is hiding inside of the iso. And me, for example, would like to know, before downloading:

- this is a "vivid" or "wily" or some other release
    - is it 32-bit or 64 bit release

also i think "neon5" was deprecated ..i mean..renamed to "kubuntu CI"... so the iso which would give me the information (at least on the files.kde.org page, it doesnt matter later what is the name of the actual iso file which is downloading, even though also it would make sense that they have the same name nomenclature) would be:

kubuntu_ci_15.10_wily_desktop_amd64_20150517_lates t.iso

(it can be without the date though, since date is already specified in the next coulmn).

thank you!

Simon

ps. i appologize if i posted this in the wrong thread. Please move if necessary.

pps. this thread i also created in forum.kde.org - in case if this question applies also there.

----------
    one other suggestion, if i may: "wily" section in kubuntuforums is not created yet even though kubuntu "wily" is already available for download & testing (http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/kubuntu/daily-live/current/). It would be also nice if you could create a section for kubuntu CI (and in it also subthread for bleeding edge testing).

Thank you

Actually, that iso I believe is using the Neon build system to create the live image. I do not know what it is based on, and it may have nothing to do with Kubuntu per se. (I do not think it does, even if it is based on Kubuntu, I do not believe the iso is actually installable anyway)

Wily is not yet truly a separate entity, it is still basically Vivid at the moment. We will add the section for it after a few actual official pre-releases are released, as we do for each new version.

I myself do not think a ci forum is appropriate due to the highly unstable and constantly changing nature of that beast. It is hard enough keeping up with an LTS, a current release, the last still-supported release, and the devel version.

Comment

Working...
    X