This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

aiming for mouse-free computing!

Recently the left button on my trackpad stopped working and I've been using a mouse ever since. I don't mind the mouse but it's inconvenient sometimes, like when I want to use my laptop in bed (isn't that what a laptop is for?). so I've had an idea: learn/create enough keyboard shortcuts to be able to use my laptop entirely without a mouse, occasionally. I already have a lot of custom keyboard shortcuts for opening my favorite apps, etc, and I'm also a heavy vim and command line user, so mouse-free computing isn't actually a big change.

something I'd like to be able to do is navigate to folders in the folder widget on my desktop and open them. and I can't seem to find a way to do that using a keyboard shortcut. is it possible?
    I'm also open to suggestions for any other non-obvious keyboard shortcuts you think may be useful!

also, how do you enable tap-to-click for the trackpad? I know this functionality exists because I turned it off in the settings ages ago, but I wouldn't mind re-enabling it now.
    "Stella", HP Pavilion 15-ak006TX: KDE Neon User Edition dual-booted with Windows 10, 8gb RAM, Intel i7-6700HQ CPU, NVIDIA GeForce GTX950M graphics, 2 TB hard drive

Hi
    don't know your specific setup but there are a multitude of "tutorials" or "templates" about using "ctrl-alt-del" on a laptop, however, depending upon just what "things" you clicked in your setup different keyboards can react in different ways.......

so I'd suggest that you research common "keyboard control keys" for different things......or some other variation of search terms........

And......if you decied to get a large screen t.v. and hook it in through HDMI........

might I suggest......

lol

Haptix

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ed/video_share

just a thought because

woodisageeksmoke
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Working...
    X