This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teunis View Post

GerardV, at my home the tulips are flowering and even though the weather here in Alaska is unusually warm there are no tulips...
    Btw, the seagull is Alaskan.

Those that want to sample the tulips in my home town can copy and paste this into google:

Code:
    tulpenroute noordoostpolder
    Then select 'pictures'.

Yes that is code for beauty
    I had an uncle who was one of the pioneers after the reclamation of the polder, but he made his fortune in onions, i believe.
    I am from the "kop van Noord Holland", (6 mtr below sea level ) and the whole area there turns into a sea of flowering tulips this time year.
    Used to work in it during the school holidays to earn some pocket money, but that is banned now, considered child labour.

Anyway, we're drifting
    Last edited by GerardV; May 11, 2015, 02:17 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

Drifting at sea... thinking of stupid Dutch pioneers and pirates whose name I forgot . I'm in Castricum. It is no "polder" and no seas of flowers but dunes and thorns and brambles and mossy ground that soaks up the water and keeps your clothes dry ;-). I love the dune area it is more reminiscent of the area of Amersfoort. I won't consider anything else beauty here! Tough luck! ;-).
      Last edited by xennex81; May 11, 2015, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Teunis View Post

Those that want to sample the tulips in my home town can copy and paste this into google:

Code:
        tulpenroute noordoostpolder
        Then select 'pictures'.

Yes that is code for beauty
        Awesome ,,,,,,,,,,,,I bookmarked the search page.

but not Dark enough for my persona

However the wife will love some of these for her desktop ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,

⛧VINNY⛧
        i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
        16GB RAM
        Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Curiously, the "Breeze" look 'n' feel has been ported to KDE 4, as I discovered today while running a Kubuntu 14.04 LTS-based distro named Black Lab Linux off of a USB key. It's using an icon theme named Emerald and a color theme and window decoration both named Dynamo to mimic Breeze.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by eco2geek View Post
            Curiously, the "Breeze" look 'n' feel has been ported to KDE 4, as I discovered today while running a Kubuntu 14.04 LTS-based distro named Black Lab Linux off of a USB key. It's using an icon theme named Emerald and a color theme and window decoration both named Dynamo to mimic Breeze.
            I uploaded breeze look n feel package on kde-look called 'kde 5 look'. Its better because it uses qtcurve theme, default breeze icon theme and color scheme :-)
            Plasma 5 look&feel for KDE4: http://kde-look.org/content/show.php...content=166438

Comment

Yes,
              I install kde5, HATE the widows metro look, and I have had multiple problems with 15.04
              reinstallled 14.04LTS

Comment

I have very little experience with Win8 and can't get used to the for me illogical interface but I have no problem with how it looks.
                15.04 with Plasma5 is also on my computer showing quite a few problems that are partially even show stoppers like the file search from Dolphin doesn't work.
                I am puzzled where you see a resemblance between Win8's Metro and Kubuntu's Plasma5...

But I'm sure to keep it on it's own partition and will try to use it every day and hand in reports if I believe I can repeat a certain failure.
                Whenever 15.04 can't handle a certain job I reboot to 14.10 and get on with it.

Comment

I installed the packages plasma-theme-oxygen, oxygen-cursor-theme, and kwin-decoration-oxygen (that last package requires the Kubuntu backports PPA). Then in System Settings I changed the appropriate items in Workspace Theme and Application Style. I now have a desktop that almost looks like full Oxygen. It's so much more pleasing to the eyes. Shades of varying grays rather than screaming white, and scroll bars that are back to being functional without looking like hugely long black or blue stripes.
                  Last edited by SteveRiley; Jun 15, 2015, 01:58 AM. Reason: added kwin-decoration-oxygen

Comment

Originally posted by Teunis
                    I am puzzled where you see a resemblance between Win8's Metro and Kubuntu's Plasma5...
                    I think he meant not wanting to use 8.1 either.
                    Last edited by xennex81; May 15, 2015, 07:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
                      I installed the packages plasma-theme-oxygen and oxygen-cursor-theme. Then in System Settings I changed the appropriate items in Workspace Theme and Application Style. I now have a desktop that almost looks like full Oxygen. It's so much more pleasing to the eyes. Shades of varying grays rather than screaming white, and scroll bars that are back to being functional without looking like hugely long black or blue stripes.
                      Many thumbs up!

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
                        I installed the packages plasma-theme-oxygen and oxygen-cursor-theme. Then in System Settings I changed the appropriate items in Workspace Theme and Application Style. I now have a desktop that almost looks like full Oxygen. It's so much more pleasing to the eyes. Shades of varying grays rather than screaming white, and scroll bars that are back to being functional without looking like hugely long black or blue stripes.
                        Is this done in 14.04 or 15.04?
                        Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by marco07 View Post
                          Is this done in 14.04 or 15.04?
                          Thanks!
                          In 15.04.

Oxygen theme was default in 14.04.
                          Plasma 5 look&feel for KDE4: http://kde-look.org/content/show.php...content=166438

Comment

If you want a more stable experience take a look at Manjaro https://manjaro.github.io/Manjaro-0.8.13-pre2-released/

Comment

The list of broken things is pretty impressive. Dolphin barely works at all, and the confusion between .kde/share/apps/kfileplaces/bookmarks.xml and .local/share/user-places.xbel is just ... confusing for all concerned.

Then there's the problem with adding Places to it, that doesn't work. Changing order of items in Places doesn't work.

I don't know if I'm the only one who has the problem with duplicated/repeated items in Places, but it's annoying. I just cleared them all out of the above files, but rebooted so now I have two of everything again. Still, it's better than the six of everything and growing I had before I cleared them out. I'm thinking of changing Dolphin's name to Lintilla.

Auto-mounting drives on login is no longer possible. We're back to manually editing fstab for that, but then that mounts them for everyone. So that's annoying.

The new plasma thing feels unready for general use, and it makes the whole OS feel like a step back in consumer-desktop-readiness.

I know it'll eventually catch up.
                              --
                              Intocabile

Comment

Bug #1422469: Dolphin won't keep the folder shortcuts on Kubuntu 15.04 with Plasma 5 - https://bugs.launchpad.net/hundredpa...s/+bug/1422469

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/vi...ay/008511.html
                                kde4libs (4:4.14.6-4~ubuntu3.1) vivid; urgency=medium
                                * Fix dolphin losing places boomarks.
                                + Add patch
                                upstream_Remove-bookmarks-syncing-from-KFilePlacesModel-and-u.patch
                                making the fileplacesmodel only use the new user-places.xbel and not
                                attempt to keep it synced with a legacy file. LP: #1422469

Date: Mon, 04 May 2015 11:19:29 +0200
                                Try Me !

Comment

Working...
                                X