This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xennex81 View Post
    The KDE window title standard sets "document - application" as the default for application windows as the title of the title bar, and this is just copied to the panel as the text for the window tiles. NOT workable especially without correctly sized icons for the applications in the window tiles. Am I the only one?
    try resizing the panel ,,,make it a little taler and the icons will resize to fit it making them bigger.

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Originally posted by xennex81 View Post
      It's a serious issue, I have to remember windows by position or use multiple desktops to arduously make sense of it all. I use "Glassified" theme but still not much better. Perhaps the Oxygen solution that was posted here somewhere provides a sense of relief.
      Hard to tell without a screenshot, but it's probably a plasma desktop theme related issue. Some (especially) older themes may use a large padding on the svg files (no "hint-no-border-padding" element in the svgs, for example)...which will shrink the content of the panel, like the task items.

Attaching a screenshot of my custom theme, icons are fairly distinguishable.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Teunis View Post
        For me it is especially the dead shortcuts /hotkeys, the fact Dolphin is still KDE4 and similar with Gwenview.

Like because the KIPI plugin's don't work I have to boot 14.10 just to send photo's.
        Gwenview is updated to KDE 5 in release 5.3, available from the backports repository. But Kipi-plugins is still KDE 4, and thus doesn't work with Gwenview now. It does work with KSnapShot and DigiKam, as these are still KDE 4 applications. Don't forget my quick fix for the Imgur plugin.

And then many other uses are fine and I enjoy the looks of the new icons and theme.
        I'm not so sure. I'm running Vivid on my new ThinkPad X250. Must say I'm not a fan -- still -- of these flat, white themes.

Comment

A look at the icons (and more) on my vertical task bar.

Click image for larger version

Name:	w7dRb9l.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	642854
          Last edited by Teunis; May 07, 2015, 11:56 PM.

Comment

Twice I tried to add a sentence and it got lost...
            The slight hue of the task bar is because of it's transparency and the underlying wallpaper.

Comment

On my laptop, I am starting to like the flat icon theme. It has grown on me.
              Linux because it works. No social or political motives in my decision to use it.
              Always consider Occam's Razor
              Rich

Comment

I didn't upgrade to Kubuntu 15.04. It is a new install as a VirtualBox guest. I haven't changed anything, not even the wallpaper. The only things I've installed are conky, KMyMoney, and Skrooge. There are some small issues, and none if them are show stoppers. Overall it is snappier and more responsive and performs quite well as a virtual guest.
                sigpic

Comment

I'm sorry it won't allow me to quote. You (Kubicle's) screenshot indeed looks much better. It might be that I was using older themes all the time. Nevertheless it is annoying. I wonder how to put the pressure on it or to make it a priority for anyone. It's worse than 14.10 (plasma 4). Don't get me wrong I like the advancements (or, advancement) and I have the feeling plasma 5 is a good improvement but Breeze is also not to my liking, it is pover, not rich. Kubuntu 14.10 just looks so much better with the colors and all.

So I will then cite Steve Riley and say that I'm not happy also with Breeze and the bleak, colorless look.

Comment

Bleak?
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	KubusPlasma5.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	642860

Comment

Bleak?
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]6018[/ATTACH]
                      Aaaaaaaaaa ,,,,,all that glaring white in those windows ,,,,,, it's burning out my retinas ..........LOL

not so bleak ,,,,,,,,

we like poppies ,,,,,,,,and poppy products ,,,,,,,,,,,,,

VINNY
                      i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
                      16GB RAM
                      Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Where are the tulips ?
                        sigpic

Comment

You can put a colourful background on it and then press alt-tab but that doesn't make it less bleak eh? Pretty much stunt-work to make it look nice. And before you show a highly customized desktop: that's the same. ;-).

Comment

If anyone want trasparent panel like in kde4, just turn off contrast effect :-)
                            Plasma 5 look&feel for KDE4: http://kde-look.org/content/show.php...content=166438

Comment

But transparent panel is pretty common right? At least it's pretty common to get a transparent menu etc.

Comment

I am always impressed by vinny's desktop shots but less by his attraction to the darker side
                                The poppies are among the included wallpapers.

xennex81, this is a bog-standard desktop, no mods!

GerardV, at my home the tulips are flowering and even though the weather here in Alaska is unusually warm there are no tulips...
                                Btw, the seagull is Alaskan.

Those that want to sample the tulips in my home town can copy and paste this into google:

Code:
                                tulpenroute noordoostpolder
                                Then select 'pictures'.

Yes that is code for beauty

Comment

Working...
                                X