This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing Kubuntu on Asus Aspire

My laptop is an Asus Aspire that I would like to install Kubuntu on.
    The main reason for my questioning is that this computer is a hybrid drive. It runs a regular hard disk and its other half is solid state.
    If anyone can help me with this it would be most appreciated.

that should not be a problem you may wish to do manual partitioning use the soild state part for / (root) and swap (if you are using swap) and the spinny drive for your /home. that should be the fastest scheme for you .. depending on the exact SSD you may have to do some stuff to enable trim .
    Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
    (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Originally posted by sithlord48 View Post
      that should not be a problem you may wish to do manual partitioning use the soild state part for / (root) and swap (if you are using swap) and the spinny drive for your /home. that should be the fastest scheme for you .. depending on the exact SSD you may have to do some stuff to enable trim .
      It has been suggested that a straight install ought to go OK. What you suggest above seems a really neat suggestion but when it comes to partitioning I tend to break out in a cold sweat. If I am doing a full install I just follow the installer. If I am doing a dual install with Windows say, again I just follow the installer. However, my Aspire only has a 20GB SSD.

Comment

Working...
      X