This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Internal sound card not recognized

I've got an HP Compaq 6715b running Kubuntu 14.10 which, after an update, has stopped recognizing the internal speakers. Headphones also do not work. I have tried all applicable troubleshooting procedures found in the ubuntuforums sticky concerning sound. I also tried adding options snd_intel_hda model=auto to /etc/default/alsa-base.conf to no avail. It is now commented out. I also tried the alsa-firmware tarball found in an older thread with a similar title. Kmix and Pavucontrol only list dummy speakers, and alsamixer returns cannot open mixer: No such file or directory. After using alsa-info.sh I believe I have located the problem but am having trouble finding a solution. Output of alsa-info.sh: http://pastebin.com/zLk4puep. As you can see, dmesg is outputting a lot of complaints, and I believe the problem lies with these three lines:
    Code:
     [   20.469383] sound hdaudioC0D0: hda-codec: out of range cmd 0:2b54:f00:5 [   22.480066] snd_hda_intel 0000:00:14.2: no AFG or MFG node found [   22.480086] snd_hda_intel 0000:00:14.2: no codecs initialized
    After a few hours of Google, I can't seem to find a fix. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance. Also, apologies for the formatting, it seems that new lines are removed by the forum software
    Last edited by Guest; Feb 25, 2015, 04:07 PM. Reason: formatting

Try doing

Code:
    sudo apt-get purge alsa-base
    sudo apt-get install alsa-base
    that should clear out bad config.

also, I like doing

Code:
    sudo apt-get install kubuntu-desktop
    making sure no packages are missing from the recommended distro. it helps to fix things after you try different login manager for example, etc.

Comment

Working...
    X