Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Music Players [various] Fail to Read Correct Mount Point on Audio CD's!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[CONFIGURATION] Music Players [various] Fail to Read Correct Mount Point on Audio CD's!

It's been a long while since I've posted here but I've found some information that may or may not be valuable to the devs. Over the past couple of months I've been working with Kubuntu 14.10/Mint KDE Rebecca (Kubuntu 14.04 remixed). I've fought the last couple of weeks with Amarok, Clementine, and other music players not recognizing audio CD's when plugged into my Dell laptop. Further investigation revealed some interesting posts on other forums about "gvfs and gvfs-backend" both of which have to do with assigning processes to the drive mount points. After reading these pieces and checking the drive with gvfs command "/lib/udev/cdrom_id --debug /dev/cdrom" it was obvious that gvfs and it's associated gvfs-backend were doing their job correctly while the players (Amarok 2.2.8 and Clementine 1.2.3) were not picking up the mount points properly even when manually trying to play the audio CD from the application's menu structure. Found Clementine 1.2.0 does not have this issue. Would love to use Amarok instead for it's Shoutcast support but it failed in both distributions of Linux with mounting the audio CD's. As a side note, Audacious had no issues with mounting audio CD's.
    Dell Inspiron N5010 Intel Core i5 Arrandale M460 processor Intel graphics 8Gig RAM Seagate 640Gig HD Broadcom BCM4113 Wireless Linux Mint Rebecca (Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr).

strange ,,,,,,,, works @hear

now I do half to wate a few seconds for (local music) to scan and list the content of the cd ,,,,,but it dose work.

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Originally posted by TFrog View Post
      I've fought the last couple of weeks with Amarok, Clementine, and other music players not recognizing audio CD's when plugged into my Dell laptop.
      The problem likely isn't Amarok itself, but instead some unusual interaction of the Solid Framework and the audiocd KIO slave. In fact, some bugs have persisted for several years -- difficult to track and duplicate. Furthermore, playing audio CDs isn't something the KDE developers do themselves, so fixing the issue isn't a high priority. See https://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=115&t=96855, a post on the KDE forum by our very own Snowhog.

Originally posted by TFrog View Post
      Further investigation revealed some interesting posts on other forums about "gvfs and gvfs-backend" both of which have to do with assigning processes to the drive mount points. After reading these pieces and checking the drive with gvfs command "/lib/udev/cdrom_id --debug /dev/cdrom" it was obvious that gvfs and it's associated gvfs-backend were doing their job correctly while the players (Amarok 2.2.8 and Clementine 1.2.3) were not picking up the mount points properly even when manually trying to play the audio CD from the application's menu structure.
      GVFS is a GNOME tool and not used directly by any KDE component. But since the only goal here is to process automatic mount points, I'm not surprised it's working in this case.

Comment

Working...
      X