This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No sound Kubuntu 14.10

I have an Acer Aspire 5570. I just upgraded to 14.10 and my sound stopped working and I don't believe my on-board video works either.

have you checked to see if its muted or the volume is very low. also check its the correct device in system settings.
    what makes you say that your onboard video is broken>?
    Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
    (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Originally posted by sithlord48 View Post
      have you checked to see if its muted or the volume is very low. also check its the correct device in system settings.
      what makes you say that your onboard video is broken>?
      I have confirmed that my sound is not muted.

As for my video, my graphics are a mess, really low quality

Comment

sound: check system settings-> multimedia-> audo video settings-> audio hardware setup check that the device you are using is set to the correct profile you should also be able to test output to any device from that kcm.

for your video have you checked system settings to see if you can change the display size..
        what kind of laptop are you using and are you using a properitary or open source video driver?
        Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
        (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Weird licensing issue is responsible

There's a weird licensing issue that causes this problem. Look at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2260339.

Unfortunately there are many false leads around on this. Understandably.

Comment

Working...
          X