Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to seperate audio back and front panel?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to seperate audio back and front panel?

Hi guys!

First of all, as the forum-section maybe suggests I am new to Kubuntu (and Ubuntu) so please be kind!

My problem is that I have a 5.1 Surround system connected to my motherboard (backpanel) and a 2.0 headphones connected to my frontpanel. So far so good, but my audio setup looks like it only have one output:

(Imagine a picture of my Audio Playback Devices, one "Built-In Audio Analog Stereo" and one grayed out "Built-In Audio Analog Surrond 5.1). I'm not allowed to post links just yet, apparently.

In Windows, I had an option to seperate front and backpanel to configure them separate and switch between them by choosing them as the default speaker. Is this possible in Kubuntu? I have all the latest drivers and software-updates (as far as I know).

A simple solution would be to just unplug the frontpanel when Im not using my headphones but I like to configure 5.1 sound on the backpanel and 2.0 on the frontpanel but that is not possible atm, I have to choose either 5.1 or 2.0.

Thanks in advance!
    Experienced user in RedHat/CentOS Server-environment.
    Beginner at Linux Client-softwares.

you can change your sound cards profile in system settings -> multimedia-> audio and video settings -> audio hardware setup.

im not sure that you can have different output to the headphones and back panel but you can use the veromix widget to change the port on the fly. its easy, right click on the |> for your sound card in the widget and change the port
    Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
    (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Thanks for the reply!

Originally posted by sithlord48 View Post
      you can change your sound cards profile in system settings -> multimedia-> audio and video settings -> audio hardware setup.
      I tried this and the biggest problem is that if I set the audio to 5.1 apps like Teamspeak will come out silent because it is stereo only while apps like Spotify still works fine.

Originally posted by sithlord48 View Post
      im not sure that you can have different output to the headphones and back panel but you can use the veromix widget to change the port on the fly. its easy, right click on the |> for your sound card in the widget and change the port
      When I first installed Veromix as a widget I get the error "...cannot build python script...". I then tried to install the "stand-alone" version from repositories but it keeps crashing before it starts up completely. The syslog doesn't mention it. Any other software similar to this?

EDIT: I'm now a trusted source of links so here is my playback devices:
      Experienced user in RedHat/CentOS Server-environment.
      Beginner at Linux Client-softwares.

Comment

try installing the plasma-scriptengine-python package.
        Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
        (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Working...
        X