This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[KDE] New Libre Office 4.4 portends well

This really does look ............"new".... now yes it is "just a wordprocessor", but....it might be worth a look even if running an older OS, as long as it would work.

And......lol......they seemingly have a "permanent" ......right bar........(shades of Calligra! lol)

but........still I'm gonna try to install it.

The caveat, I'm gonna research it, but it used to be that one had to COMPLETELY remove all dregs of a previous OO installation to get a clean install, don't know about LO.

http://www.libreoffice.org/

woodsmoke
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

It is working fine here on a Debian system.

Comment

kewl! I"m going to install it over another os that is connected to the big t.v. and will report back.

Maybe we could both comment on "what is really new", there are some naysayers about it...like.....ho hum.... and "whats the point about a pretty face!" lol

woodsmoke
      sigpic
      Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

I am not a "power" LO user -- just calc and writer for casual spreadsheets and letters and such. So I am not the person to give it a serious review. My spreadsheets work as well as ever, and Writer lets me write letters and recipes, just as always. And I'm not terribly concerned about the cosmetics of such tools -- it doesn't make me nauseous, just like 4.3.3-2 didn't make me nauseous. Maybe I'm easy to please ..... ;-)

Comment

dlbl..............

YOUR review is just what is needed...........the "power users" will make it work if they want to make it work.......

it is the casual user who will eventually, en masse........spread the word.

thanks,

and others.......POST!!

woodsmoke
          sigpic
          Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Apart from the theme of LibreOffice 4.4 I cannot see the difference in UI from LibreOffice 4.2 (which I have) and the "new" LibreOffice 4.4.

Edit: I've just noticed that on the 4.4 UI there is no menu system.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Guest; Feb 03, 2015, 02:58 AM.

Comment

no "menu" system, do you mean no drop downs?

woodwonderingsmoke
              sigpic
              Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Originally posted by woodsmoke View Post
                no "menu" system, do you mean no drop downs?

woodwonderingsmoke
                ....................................Yes ....................................

Comment

woah!

thanks

woodsmoke
                  sigpic
                  Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Originally posted by NickStone View Post
                    Edit: I've just noticed that on the 4.4 UI there is no menu system.
                    Just now installed 4.4.0.3 from the LibreOffice PPA. Menu bars are present.

I wonder if the system used for the screenshot in the ad was running GNOME or Unity (if Ubuntu) and had the package libreoffice-gtk installed, which from what I understand creates a global menu for LibreOffice.

Comment

Working...
                    X